Productivity, Pursuit, and CANVA
Let’s look Inside the Sales Conversation for the week of May 23, 2022.
Working in a bubble as many of us do, we sometimes ask, "What are others thinking? Am I unique in my sales challenges?" If these issues are your issues, why not join the conversation? Here's a few recent discussions found in The Sales Vault and our free Slack sales community.
- "I'm busy but not productive. Any ideas for a sales plan?"
You've got six full weeks before the July 4th weekend, then the summer mentality hits us all. There's lots of conversation on how to use that time. Here's a quick planning guide:
- June: Start making a list of the "Neither urgent nor important" tasks you never have time for so that when the dead-quiet days around July 4 hit, you can make good use of that time. Gather testimonials, make case study and success story videos for your website, study vertical markets you want to hit, or write a White Paper for lead-gen.
- July, August: You might think the summer slowdown is inevitable and give in to the fact that no one will take your call, but...Make no assumptions! Your competition is thinking the same thing, so maybe, just maybe, the lines are open and your call will get picked up!
- "How long should I pursue a prospect before quitting?"
Eight out of 10 sales are made after the fifth call. Yet, 90% of sales reps quit after four (and personally, I think that is a generous number). Diligence is omnipotent, gang. Heck, even making a second call surpasses almost half of your competitors:
- 48% quit after one call
- 24% quit after two calls
- 12% quit after three calls
- 6% quit after four calls
- Total 90%
- "Is CANVA my friend or my competition?"
As one Sales Vault member put it, "Canva has totally changed the game in my opinion. From a large company without a designer to the retiree grandma making a greeting card for their grandchildren, Canva has solved many challenges."
That said, because clients can actually print through Canva, they are also a nightmare. You might pick and choose recommending it to a client based on the answer to this question, "Is this really the kind of client I want?”
Want more? Join the conversation and be a part of our sales community in The Sales Vault. Learn more at SalesVault.pro or call Bill Farquharson at 781-934-7036.
Bill Farquharson is a respected industry expert and highly sought after speaker known for his energetic and entertaining presentations. Bill engages his audiences with wit and wisdom earned as a 40-year print sales veteran while teaching new ideas for solving classic sales challenges. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (781) 934-7036. Bill’s two books, The 25 Best Print Sales Tips Ever and Who’s Making Money at Digital/Inkjet Printing…and How? as well as information on his new subscription-based website, The Sales Vault, are available at salesvault.pro.