9 Easy Ways To Upsell – Do You Accept This Challenge?
The easiest way to grow sales is to upsell your existing clients
Depending on the research you read, upselling an existing customer is between seven and 20 times more cost-efficient than trying to win a new client. However, many sales people could do an awful lot more upselling activity.
Sometimes we get used to dealing with our customers in the same old way. We forget how many opportunities are available to us. We leave great sales opportunities on the table. It’s time to carry out more upselling.
Here is a quick list of nine easy ways to upsell:
- Suggest an upgrade or additional product when you take a quote request
- Suggest an upgrade on your quotes
- Add a new product on your e-mail signature
- Send out a direct mail piece advertising a new service
- Post a case study on social media using a premium print product
- Send samples of different products
- Send an e-mail showcasing a new service
- Include a flyer about a different product when you deliver an item (or include a sample)
- Ask your clients what else they would like you to provide (you may well be offering what they want anyway!)
How many of these do you carry out on a regular basis?
Here’s a challenge to you:
If you are not already using all of these upselling strategies, carry out two new ones this week. It doesn’t take long to put some of these into practice. Remember, if you do not carry out regular upselling activity, you are leaving money on the table.
P.S.: Find out more ideas on how to increase sales with today’s buyers: download my free e-book: "Ten Common Print Selling Errors and What To Do About Them" right now. You’ll also receive my regular “Views from the print buyer” bulletin, full of ideas on how to sell print effectively.
Many printing companies are frustrated how hard it is to engage buyers in today’s world. That’s where Matthew Parker can help. He is a gamekeeper turned poacher. Parker has bought print for more than 20 years and received over 1,400 print sales pitches. He now uses his buyer’s point of view to give practical advice to printers. He helps them engage with prospects and customers to create profitable relationships.
Download his free e-book, "Ten Common Print Selling Errors And What To Do About Them" and check out his recently launched book, "How To Succeed At Print Sales: Setting targets, planning the right activities and making sure goals are met."