When you properly plan a personalized variable data workflow, you will have integrated software, press, and finishing in a workflow where there is accountability and verification at every step in the process. Which is surely what you will need for success.
Did you now that Lean Management has over a 90% failure rate? Likewise, 45% of features in Job Shop Management Software goes totally unused. In fact, another 19% of a software’s features are rarely used, resulting in a 64% under-utilization ratio. These failure rates, of utilizing and sustaining business processes, reminds me of a conversation I had with a large publishing company CEO.
Each year, EFI hosts its customers, partners, media and analysts at its signature event, EFI Connect.
The optimized workflow process has four components: content creation, job entry and management, workflow and Digital Front End.
EFI announced an exclusive partnership for Jetrion label presses with Xeikon, a Flint Group company. The greatest initial benefactor to the agreement will be existing Jetrion customers who will see expanded service and support from Xeikon, which has been at the forefront of digital label production for many years.
In the world of print production software there is no better example of a love/hate relationship than between print service providers and their print MIS solution. Print MIS solutions are, or should be, the one record of truth for the business which means the solution touches every function and every employee within the shop. Therein lies the problem. Print MIS solutions take a long time to setup and implement in the shop, assuming internal resistance does not derail the entire project.
Managing the diversity of work possible within a wide-format shop is challenging.
Since Sales is so crucial to a business’ existence, it is puzzling why so many small businesses do not use CRM.
Print MIS systems can be the path to reduce order errors, keeping workflow on track and identifying problems early in production, and moving towards more automation. But just adding a Print MIS is not enough. To reap the benefits of a Print MIS there must be a commitment to setting up the system, identifying information collection points, and keeping the system up-to-date as new software is added to the workflow and new equipment is added to the capabilities set.