Top 10 Articles of 2020
This year has been strange, to say the least. We are facing a pandemic that has transformed the way printing companies do business, forcing many to pivot priorities and rethink strategies. We shared in the triumphs as printers shifted production to help their local communities with PPE and signage. We followed along as some of the largest printing companies in the U.S. closed facilities, furloughed workers, and in the case of LSC, filed for bankruptcy and was acquired by a private equity firm.
It has by no means been a "normal" year, and yet, as seen in one of the articles below, we have seen some printing companies experience growth and success in a year that has been incredibly challenging.
Here are the 10 most viewed articles of 2020, as determined by you, our readers.
- Unemployment and Sick Leave Rules by State
- Quad Temporarily Closing Several Plants, Furloughing Workers, Cutting Exec Salaries, And More, Due to COVID-19
- LSC Communications Reveals Plans to Close Three Magazine and Catalog Printing Plants
- Printers in Pennsylvania in Upheaval About Potential 'Nonessential Business' Closures
- RR Donnelley Closes The Hennegan Co., Once Considered Among Most Premier Printing Companies in America
- LSC Communications Expects to Exit Chapter 11 with Acquisition by Private Equity Firm Atlas Holdings
- Ellis Packaging Increases Net Output by 30% with Fourth Koenig & Bauer-Iberica Diecutter
- Amazon to Buy $400M in Kornit Digital Printing Equipment, Open New Merch by Amazon Facility
- Cenveo Closing Former Cadmus Printing Plant, Impacting 184 Workers
- Marco Boer on How COVID-19 Will Dramatically Change Commercial Printing
- BONUS: Although the PI400 list was published in 2019, it is one of the most read items of the year. Keep an eye out for this year's list of the largest printing companies in the U.S. and Canada by annual sales, coming out at the beginning of the new year.