RRD Aligns Specialty Services to Drive Scale and Product Differentiation for Cannabis and CBD Brands
R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company (RRD), a leading global provider of marketing and business communications, introduced an offering for cannabis and CBD companies designed to help them meet evolving product life cycle needs, including product differentiation at retail, regulatory adherence, and supply chain continuity.
The cannabis and CBD industries have gone through immense regulatory change over the last few years that has transformed the retail landscape and created growth opportunities for both product lines. In fact, the Leafly Jobs Report found that nationwide cannabis sales increased 33% in 2021. As the cannabis dispensary industry continues to mature, customers demand both product variety that fits their lifestyle and easier access to product health and wellness information.
RRD’s offering is designed to help cannabis and CBD businesses keep pace with market demand and create meaningful product engagement with consumers at dispensaries and select CBD retailers. Initiated by a strategic discovery process, this specialized offer includes:
- End-to-end packaging solutions — package engineering and structural design, folding carton, rigid box, and promotional corrugated manufacturing and labels
- Supply chain management — best-in-class sourcing, kitting and fulfillment, warehousing, delivery
- In-store marketing expertise — branding and positioning, signage, POP displays, localized installation support
- Expansive commercial print network —production for product inserts, brochures and catalogs, coupons and gift cards, trade show collateral
- Deep category knowledge — navigating the complexity of supply chain nuances by medicinal, recreational, and CBD products
- cGMP compliant facilities — quality processes to ensure products remain safe, pure, and effective for intended use and to mitigate risk of errors which may result in a recall
CBD product manufacturer CV Sciences tapped RRD’s deep expertise and strong resources for continued retail success and growth. “We needed to further educate the CBD consumer about our product offerings by maximizing our presence in the retail space,” said Montey Dunn, Sr. Director of Marketing at CV Sciences. “Increasing sales and brand awareness in the CBD industry, which is oversaturated and under-regulated, was key to our ongoing successes.”
“From the structural design of the package to supply chain management, RRD’s experience in bringing a product to market quickly and effectively was evident. By partnering with RRD, we found the support we needed to grow multiple product lines, keep up with demand, and stand out as a premium product,” Dunn added.
“Within this emerging market, brands like CV Sciences are encountering tremendous growth opportunities,” said John Pecaric, President of RRD Marketing Solutions and Business Services. “To capitalize on them, an experienced, end-to-end partner serves as a true competitive advantage, one that can scale production and increase speed to market without compromising quality.”
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Printing Impressions.