Why Your Business Needs Great Content
Content is everywhere. You’re consuming it right now. It is the online language of all types of business, including service providers like you. Content is how you communicate with your audience, and inspire them to take action. It’s not surprising that the quality of your content can mean the difference between making a good connection and not. So what can you do to make your content a strong tool for your business?
Stand Out in a Sea of Sameness
Your customers and prospects are being bombarded with thousands of messages every day: news, advertisements, social media updates, and everything else they come across. Not all of those messages are good quality, so one way to up your chances of standing out is to ensure interesting visual and well written pieces of content. Poorly written content makes a business look unorganized and sends the message of not caring enough to take the time to deliver decent content.
Create Content That Matters
Now you know why content matters when it comes to getting your message across, it's time to turn your attention to the content your business produces. Next time you create a blog post, newsletter or even a Tweet, keep these top five aims in mind:
- Use clear, correct language. Spelling and grammar should be impeccable, and the language you use should be easily understood.
- Don’t forget the point. Good content starts with a premise and delivers.
- Be original. There’s a lot of similar content out there so make sure yours stands out by keeping it original and fresh.
- Keep it relevant. Your content needs to matter to readers, why else would they take the time to consume it?
- Make it actionable. Whether your content calls for a one-time action or a long-term commitment, the next step to connecting with your business should always be clear.
Creating content takes time and effort. Think of it as one of your best tools—it will work better with regular maintenance and polishing—so don’t let it rust. Content that’s in good condition will do a better job of connecting you to your audience and growing your business.
John Foley Jr. is the CEO of interlinkONE and Grow Socially. John and his team help printers get on a strong path to marketing success. Their approach includes software solutions, consulting, Website development, marketing audits, and strategic marketing plans. interlinkONE’s software solutions for the print industry include their marketing automation platform, MAX, and ilinkONE V8. Learn more about MAX: Marketing Automation. Executed. by visiting MarketWithMAX.com, John at JohnFoleyJr.com, and his companies at interlinkONE.com and GrowSocially.com.