The Big Questions I’d Like Answered
Ordinarily, blogs are about answers. We come up with questions in our heads; questions that we Wile E. Coyote type super geniuses think our readers might ask us and then go about spewing answers in 250-500 words.
This time, I’ve got the questions. Do you have the answers?
Here’s a random list, a brain download of things that I wonder about coupled with queries from customers. Answer them if you like, or just read them and smugly know the answer but refuse to Comment. Your choice. I just need to get them out of my head,
• Why am I not selling more?
• Who was the guy who told us there was an untapped market for digital printing? I want him found and beaten!
• Why is no one answering the phone these days?
• What is the emotion behind a buyer’s “We already have a vendor.” objection?
• What is the most important skill a print sales rep can have?
• When did life get so busy?
• Why DO fools fall in love?
• What is the best first step in a prospecting process? Is it a letter or an e-mail?
• Why do some sales people sell $2 million and others $200,000 using the same number of hours in the day, selling the same services, and selling in the same market?
• What exactly is a “free moment?”
• What is the best use of my time RIGHT NOW?
• Were the old days really better? Easier?
• How can someone sell a job for half of my quote and stay in business?
• Can someone explain Sirius radio’s strange affection for and subsequent overplaying of Rod Stewart songs?
• Where does the day go?
• What percent of the time when a client says, “Your price is too high.” are they telling the truth?
Bill Farquharson is a respected industry expert and highly sought after speaker known for his energetic and entertaining presentations. Bill engages his audiences with wit and wisdom earned as a 40-year print sales veteran while teaching new ideas for solving classic sales challenges. Email him at email@example.com or call (781) 934-7036. Bill’s two books, The 25 Best Print Sales Tips Ever and Who’s Making Money at Digital/Inkjet Printing…and How? as well as information on his new subscription-based website, The Sales Vault, are available at salesvault.pro.