Seven Essential Targets for Selling with Social Media
Can you imagine selling without targets?
Every business has a set of numbers that it has to reach. One of the most important is to make enough sales for the company to survive and grow. So nearly all salespeople have targets.
The complexity of the targets varies. Some salespeople are just told to go out and make a certain number over the year. Others have very detailed targets that cover the exact daily activity they are to carry out.
But it’s often different with social media
Many people responsible for social media are just left to get on with it. They are not given any specific targets.
If you are using social media to create sales, you should give yourself a set of specific targets. Here are the seven that I recommend:
- Final revenue target from social media
- Number of successful sales required to achieve this target
- Number of successful conversions from social media connection to sales prospect to create the right level of sales
- Number of prospects to take off-line in order to achieve the right level of conversions
- Number of pieces of content to generate and share in order to create the correct level of engagement to drive the right level of prospects to take off-line
- Number of connections to make in order to make the right level of conversions
- Number of prospects to invite to connect in order to create the right level of connections
Make sure you measure your social media activity
It will help you understand what activities are driving the right results for you. You’ll also be able to see just how profitable this activity can be!
PS Learn how to sell print successfully using social media: download my free e-guide "Ten Social Media Rules For Print Sales People." You’ll also receive my regular “Views from the print buyer” bulletin, full of ideas on how to use social media and sell print effectively.
Many printing companies are frustrated how hard it is to engage buyers in today’s world. That’s where Matthew Parker can help. He is a gamekeeper turned poacher. Parker has bought print for more than 20 years and received over 1,400 print sales pitches. He now uses his buyer’s point of view to give practical advice to printers. He helps them engage with prospects and customers to create profitable relationships.
Download his free e-book, "Ten Common Print Selling Errors And What To Do About Them" and check out his recently launched book, "How To Succeed At Print Sales: Setting targets, planning the right activities and making sure goals are met."