How to Sell to Ad Agencies
On August 14, 2018, NAPCO (which publishes Printing Impressions) held a Ricoh-sponsored free webinar titled, "How to Sell More Digital Printing to Agencies, Marketers and Designers."
You'll never guess what it was about.
Now, I typically shun webinars. They rarely start on time (unless I'm involved! Pet peeve of Bill’s). They are often nothing more than an infomercial. But most of all, they’re boring.
That's what made this one so amazing. It was one of the best - if not the best - webinar I have ever watched (and yes, I watched. I watched the entire hour and paid complete attention to my absolute amazement … squirrel!). Not only did it give me additional insight, for it definitely lived up to its title. But moreover, the speaker made five key points that are worth your attention:
- "We are extremely visual. Keep that in mind when you are selling to us."
- "Make sure you know what we do. I will call BS on your BS if you claim to know something about us but don't when I press you about it."
- "I remember good customer service. I reward it, too."
- "We are fun people. Knock our socks off with a fun sales approach."
- "The most annoying thing about printers? That's easy: Their lack of communication."
If you have the time, watch the complete webinar. (Click here to view on-demand.) It's well worth the time. If not, keep these five points in mind if agencies are a target market for you.
I now have two books available on Amazon (three if you count the second version of the first one) …
The 25 Best Print Sales Tips Ever!
NEW: Who's Making Money at Digital/Inkjet Printing … And How?
Bill Farquharson is a sales trainer for the graphic arts. Email him at Bill@AspireFor.com or call (781) 934-7036. Bill’s two books, The 25 Best Print Sales Tips Ever and Who’s Making Money at Digital/Inkjet Printing…and How? as well as information on his new subscription-based website, The Sales Vault are available at BillFarquharson.com.