Four Steps to Creating an Effective Elevator Pitch
Here’s a simple four-step formula to creating an elevator pitch:
- State that you work with companies like the person you are talking to.
- State one of their key pains.
- Tell them (quickly) that you can solve it.
- State what makes you different.
Here’s my elevator pitch as an example:
- I work with printing companies very much like yours.
- Many of the people I work with struggle to find the right customers and are frustrated by conversations being all about price.
- I help them with my training and mentoring services.
- Why me? I’m the print buyer who’s received over 1,400 sales pitches from printing companies. I know what works and what doesn’t.
That only takes me 15 seconds to say.
Find out seven ways to use your elevator pitch
Check out this article. You’ll soon see that this four-stage process is the foundation for good sales and marketing communication throughout your company.
P.S....Find out more about creating an elevator pitch that engages new prospects at my "How To Stop Buyers Choosing On Price" live workshop at GRAPH EXPO on Monday, Sept. 14. Reserve your place here: http://profitableprintrelationships.com/ge15/
Many printing companies are frustrated how hard it is to engage buyers in today’s world. That’s where Matthew Parker can help. He is a gamekeeper turned poacher. Parker has bought print for more than 20 years and received over 1,400 print sales pitches. He now uses his buyer’s point of view to give practical advice to printers. He helps them engage with prospects and customers to create profitable relationships.
Download his free e-book, "Ten Common Print Selling Errors And What To Do About Them" and check out his recently launched book, "How To Succeed At Print Sales: Setting targets, planning the right activities and making sure goals are met."