Five Gifts to Give Yourself for an Awesome 2015
Below are five gifts that you can give yourself for an awesome year ahead:
1. Work harder: I don’t buy into any of this crap about "work smarter, not harder" BLAH BLAH BLAH. If you make ONE more call each day, that is 250 extra calls in a year. If that results in just five new customers, at an average of $25,000 in revenue, that could mean as much as an extra $12,000 in commission for you, give or take. One call a day. DUDE.
2. Play on Social Media: Join Twitter. Shut up about how you don’t believe it will help you. Every time you retweet something you think is cool, your followers see your name. And as long as you are not tweeting about anything political or offensive, you should be safe as a kitten. And don’t tweet about kittens.
3. Rewards: When you a have a great day, celebrate it. Buy yourself something nice. March into your boss’s office and proclaim your sales supremacy. You deserve it!
4. Time: Take 10 minutes a day to participate in the on-line print world. Comment on a blog. Read a thread on a LinkedIn Group. And please, for the love of God, finally listen to Bill Farquharson when he tells you that the number one rule of time management is to not leave today before you have planned for tomorrow. This is so simple, and yet I bet you are still not doing it, no matter how many times you have heard us say it.
5. Learn. Something new: I don’t care if it is knitting, HTML, or you go and watch the pressman till you could run that %^&(! job yourself. Your brain needs it. DO IT.
Merry Christmas. Happy Hannukah. And Kwanza. Oh, and Bodhi. Festivus. Pancha Ganapati. Saturnalia.
Blogger, author, consultant, coach and all around evangelist for the graphic arts industry, Kelly sold digital printing for 15 years so she understands the challenges, frustrations and pitfalls of building a successful sales practice. Her mission is to help printers of all sizes sell more stuff. Kelly's areas of focus include sales and marketing coaching, enabling clients to find engagement strategies that work for them and mentoring the next generation of sales superstars.
Kelly graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in Political Science and, among other notable accomplishments, co-founded the Windy City Rollers, a professional women's roller derby league. She is also the mother of two sets of twins under the age of ten, so she fears nothing.