Sleeved Snake Fold Invitation with Special Effects: 60-Second Fold of the Week
This week's selection has some serious "Wow-factor." Designed and produced entirely in-house by Graphic Visual Solutions of Greensboro, N.C., this piece was designed as a sneak preview of some of the new capabilities they planned to showcase at a client open house event.
The company designed the two-piece invitation to be printed using two different presses, and leveraging the strengths of both offset UV and digital printing, creative inks and substrates, and a specialty coating that "moves." It's the real deal, and a must-see.
How was this Sleeved Snake Fold Invitation with Special Effects created?
- Folding Style: Square-Format Traveling Snake with Sleeve
- Design and Production: Graphic Visual Solutions, Greensboro, N.C.
- Paper: Sleeve: Finch Fine Ultra Smooth 80# Cover; Insert: Esse Pearlized White 105# Cover
- Dimensions: Insert: Flat 9.25" x 14"; Folded 4.75" x 4.75"; Sleeve: 5" x 5"
- Finishing: die/score, glue, hand assemble
- Notes: Insert printed on a six-color HP Indigo 7900 Digital Press with variable data personalization. Sleeve printed on an eight-color Komori UV press with second pass of Motioncoat specialty coating process from ACTEGA.
- Budget Rating: Moderate – High
Trish Witkowski shares her super-cool folding samples and helpful production tips. View the “60-second Super-cool Fold of the Week” archive at www.foldfactory.com.
Trish Witkowski is Chief Folding Fanatic at the online community foldfactory.com. She holds a bachelor of fine arts degree in graphic design and a master of science degree in Graphic Arts Publishing from Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Printing Management and Sciences (now the School of Print Media).
An award-winning designer, Trish held the position of creative director for a Baltimore-based agency for six years, and has taught design and desktop publishing at the college level. She has a specialized expertise in the area of folding and is the creator of the FOLDRite™ system, a 2004 GATF InterTech™ Technology Award winner.
Trish frequently publishes articles for graphic arts industry publications, and has written three books on the topic of folding: A Field Guide to Folding, Folding for the Graphic Arts: A Teacher's Handbook, and FOLD: The Professional's Guide to Folding.