manroland sheetfed to Unveil Many Innovations at drupa
OFFENBACH, GERMANY—March 30, 2012. manroland sheetfed, a leading provider of sheetfed offset presses, production automation and related solutions, will leverage drupa 2012 to communicate its excitement about the start of a new era for the newly structured company. Visitors to manroland sheetfed’s stand (Hall 6, Stand D27) will see a fresh new spirit that reflects both innovation and the continuation of the tradition of excellence associated with the manroland brand and dating back nearly two centuries.
“Visitors to our stand will clearly observe the power of manroland sheetfed solutions to help their companies face the many challenges of today’s printing industry with the most innovative and productive sheetfed offset solutions in the industry,” said Alfred Rothlaender, president of manroland sheetfed. “With our new structure firmly in place, customers will experience an even more responsive partner in manroland sheetfed. We are dedicated to helping customers future-proof their businesses as we work hard to meet or exceed their expectations for excellence, both in product and services.”
A key element of manroland sheetfed’s drupa presence will be its solutions for the packaging market. These solutions have been created based on intensive research and development as well as customer feedback about market requirements, and include:
• The Roland 708LV printing press equipped with the new indexed InlineFoiler, which saves up to 55% in consumption of foil;
• An inline coating unit for added value printing effects that enhance the already high quality delivered by the press;
• Intelligent color pre-setting with self-learning software that can bring ongoing productivity gains to the production floor;
• All required inline control technology, from color to register and full sheet inspection down to 200 dpi, along with PDF comparison down to 4-pt text (multiple camera system) to ensure accuracy and readability of the final printed product.
Visitors to manroland sheetfed’s stand will also be able to learn about other high productivity packaging solutions, like the production in half-format with the Roland 500 and medium format with the Roland 700 as well as special 0B+ and 3B+ sizes, with speeds as high as 18,000 sheets per hour.
In addition, manroland sheetfed now offers larger formats five and six with the Roland 900 at speeds of up to 16,000 sheets per hour with the high speed packaging equipment. manroland sheetfed also offers logistic solutions, from the new automated non-stop to full configurations that deliver efficient process optimization individually scalable to every printer’s needs (AUPASYS).
Continued Innovation in Commercial Print
In addition to pursuing advanced solutions for the packaging market, manroland sheetfed also offers innovative solutions for the commercial printing market. This includes the ability for printers to better address customer requirements for faster turnaround using manroland sheetfed solutions that include:
• The Just-Ready-Print solution powered by LEC-UV (low energy curing);
• A new hybrid inkjet solution integrated in the press for individualized printing;
• Autoprint Smart for automated processes between large job signatures combined with superfast make-readies enabled by DirectDrive technology and full inline quality control;
• High volume commercial printing with 64 pages printed in one pass on the ROLAND 900XXL perfecting press; and
• A new press console and user interface requiring less operator attention and offering easier handling.
Smaller Presence, Bigger Story
“Visitor’s to the manroland sheetfed stand may see the company occupying a smaller exhibit space as compared to drupa 2008,” added Rothlaender, “but we are sparing no effort in demonstrating to visitors our know-how and expertise as well as our determination to support the industry with our PRINTVALUE program.”
The PRINTVALUE program from manroland sheetfed increases the value of manroland sheetfed presses. Visitors to the booth will be able to speak with manroland sheetfed experts about how these value added services will enhance their businesses. These include:
• Printservices technical support for total efficiency during the entire life cycle of a printing system;
• Printcom, a full range of factory certified consumables that increase the efficiency of the printing process as well as production reliability;
• Printnetwork networking and computer integrated manufacturing solutions; and finally,
• Printadvice, advisory services from a partner that has had more than 160 years of industry experience.
Join us in Offenbach
Once again, manroland sheetfed will be offering visitors the opportunity to participate in daily organized visits to its Print Technology Centre in Offenbach, where visitors will be able to see four additional ROLAND presses in all formats up to XXL.
“This successful initiative from last drupa will allow many visitors from around the world, including South and North America as well as Asia, to gain a better understanding of the gigantic factories and the thrilling energy behind manroland sheetfed technology,” concluded Rothlaender. “We look forward to having those visitors join us for an exciting and informative day.”
For more information about manroland sheetfed, visit www.manroland.com or email email@example.com.
To schedule a visit to manroland sheetfed’s Offenback Print Technology Centre, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About manroland sheetfed
manroland sheetfed GmbH began trading on 10 February 2012, following the acquisition of the sheetfed division of the insolvent manroland AG by British industrialist Tony Langley and Langley Holdings plc. manroland sheetfed employs around 900 people at the HQ in Offenbach, Germany and over 2000 people worldwide, in over 40 subsidiaries.