Mac Papers Unveils New Corporate Brand, Four Distinct Product Distribution Business Lines
JACKSONVILLE, FL—March 10, 2015—Mac Papers, one of the largest merchant distributors in the Southeast United States, unveiled a new corporate brand that reaffirms the company’s position in the marketplace and positions it for future success. The company is now a distribution partner with four lines of business, giving customers the best value in paper and print, packaging, facility supplies and office products.
The brand reflects a comprehensive reframing of Mac Papers’ corporate vision and business offering. It is the result of an evolution that began nearly a decade ago, as the company spent several years expanding into additional industrial products, equipment and services that complement its traditional business.
“This is an unprecedented time for Mac Papers,” said Sutton McGehee, chairman and CEO of Mac Papers. “We used to say, ‘Paper is all we do,’ but that is no longer the case. Mac Papers now serves its customers with innovative ideas across all four lines of business. While our new brand stays true to the values and service that remain central to the company, it’s time to tell a new story about what Mac Papers is today.”
The company has a new logo, tagline and visual identity after an 18-month planning and execution process that included investing significant resources researching how to improve Mac Papers’ positioning in today’s market.
“This is the first rebrand in the company’s 50-year history, and it’s a vital part of our strategic vision for the next 50,” said Ray McGehee, director of marketing and communications at Mac Papers. “The new brand honors our company’s heritage—the values, tradition and family that founded Mac Papers—while showcasing the innovation, drive and diversification that is shaping its future.”
The logo is a visual representation of the Mac Papers evolution. Features of the new logo include:
- The “M”: The Mac Papers “M” is iconic and the decision to keep it in the logo was easy. But it was time to update it with a more modern and refreshed look.
- The colors: The colors reflect Mac Papers’ core values. The main blue is associated with stability and reliability, and implies leadership, confidence and tradition. The greens reflect truth and peace of mind.
- The lines: Mac Papers now encompasses four lines of business: Paper & Print, Packaging, Facilities Supplies and Office Products. Each line of business is represented by a line, and they come together to create the new “M.”
- The diagonal: This visually reinforces that Mac Papers is now a multi-faceted distribution business that serves customers across a range of industries.
- The history: The logo’s center line is the same teal from the original Mac Papers logo. It is at the heart of the new “M” to demonstrate that heritage and tradition is still at the center of the company.
Mac Papers also unveiled its new tagline, “Ideas to power your business,” to reinforce that Mac Papers offers more value than the products it sells. Whether it’s working with expert engineers or using tools like e-commerce and Just In Time delivery, Mac Papers is delivering ideas to our customers that save money and increase efficiency.
The letters that make up “Ideas” in the tagline are a commitment Mac Papers makes to its customers every day. They are:
I – Innovation: To meet changing needs in an evolving marketplace
D – Diversification: To deliver a broader range of products and services
E – Efficiency: To simplify processes and improve the bottom line for customers
A – Agility: To respond with local distribution, decision-making and support
S – Service: To demonstrate the value of local expertise and reliability
Mac Papers has unveiled a range of branded assets, including a new corporate website, new printed corporate collateral. Signage on its 22 locations and 18 stores in nine Southeastern states, along with its 150 trucks, will be updated this month. More than 700 corporate assets will be rebranded by year’s end.
About Mac Papers
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Mac Papers is one of the largest wholesale distributors in the Southeast United States. The company is a distribution partner for paper and print, packaging, facility supplies and office products. Mac Papers works with best-in-class suppliers to help businesses and consumers deliver quality results, improve efficiency and increase their bottom line. The company operates 22 locations and 18 retail stores across nine states in the Southeast. Mac Papers is a third-generation, family-owned and operated business founded in 1965.
Source: Mac Papers.