HP Introduces Smart Printing Capabilities with New Large-format Printing Mobile App at SGIA 2014
LAS VEGAS—October 22, 2014—HP today announced the new HP Latex Mobile application,(1) which allows HP Latex 300 Printer series customers to remotely monitor their printers, track job status and receive printer alerts.
The mobile app is showcased in HP booth 2045 at SGIA Expo 2014 alongside HP’s broad portfolio of large-format printing solutions. HP also announced that HP Latex 831 inks are now a 3M MCS warranty component for the HP Latex 360 Printer, as well as new environmental certifications for HP Latex Inks from the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) and the Japan Environment Association.
“Print service providers (PSPs) are under increasing pressure from customers to deliver on-time, urgent jobs while providing guaranteed, industry-leading work,” said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, Large-Format Sign and Display Division, HP. “The HP Latex Mobile app marks the beginning of a new era of smart printing, giving customers peace of mind while they are at and away from the print shop, as well as helping them to better address time-sensitive requests and gain customer loyalty.”
HP offers innovative user experience with HP Latex Mobile app
The HP Latex Mobile app, which will be free to download for smartphones in January 2015 and for tablets in mid-2015 from Google Play and the Apple App Store, offers remote monitoring for HP Latex 310, 330 and 360 Printers, including job information, print status and alerts. With the app, PSPs can stay informed as to the status of print jobs while out of the office and track projects through completion, as well as monitor print status and supplies to avoid surprises.
“The HP Latex Mobile application has not only simplified my working processes, its remote monitoring capabilities also give me the confidence to know what’s happening while I’m out of the office,” relayed Jose María Miñarro, manager, Miñarro Impresión.
HP has installed more than 21,500 HP Latex printers worldwide, including the HP Latex 300 series printers introduced in April, with customers printing more than 3 billion square feet (280 million square meters) of output. The HP Latex 300 Printer series opens additional profit pools for customers with wider application versatility and same-day delivery, while ease of use, simplified operation and advanced color management functionalities keep costs low.
Reaching new market segments with high industry standards
Helping customers win business from discriminating clients in new markets, HP Latex 831 Inks have achieved the following warranties and certifications:
- The 3M MCS Warranty, lasting up to five years, which is widely recognized as the industry’s most comprehensive finished graphics warranty and has been extended to the HP Latex 360 Printer using HP Latex 831 Inks.(2)
- The ASTM F793-Type II classification for commercial wallcoverings, which allows customers to print wallcoverings for high traffic areas using DreamScape Suede, DreamScape Matte and Korographics Abaco Beach substrates finished with Marabu Wall Armor liquid lamination in satin finish.
- The Eco Mark certification from the Japan Environment Association, demonstrating relatively few environmental impacts through the product life cycle from production to disposal.
HP at SGIA Expo 2014
Also on display at SGIA Expo is the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press powered by HP Scitex High Dynamic Range (HDR) Printing Technology. To date, HP has installed more than 50 presses using HDR technology with customers printing more than 73 million square feet (6.8 million square meters) worldwide. Cincinnati-based Stevenson Color, Inc. recently purchased two HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Presses to bring outsourced work in-house and print at faster speeds.
“We were making the difficult decision to purchase a new printer and, in the end, HP’s speed, quality and versatility made a great combination for the demands that we face,” noted Steve Wardwell, manager of prepress and innovation, Stevenson. “We have already transitioned considerable work to the new presses and, in just the first month of operation, we produced 1 million square feet of excellent quality output for customers.”
HP is also demonstrating:
- The HP Designjet Z6800 Photo Production Printer, which prints up to 50 percent faster than previous HP devices(3) and offers advanced color management features to deliver high-value indoor applications and gallery-quality prints lasting up to 200 years.(4)
- The HP Latex 3000 Printer, which features double-sided printing and an optional ink collector for printing unlined mesh banner and porous textiles.
- New HP media solutions for Latex inks available through BMG, including HP Permanent Gloss and Matte Adhesive Vinyl substrates, which offer a permanent self-adhesive, are easy to mount and are REACH Compliant, as well as HP Light Fabric, a new version of the HP Light Textile Display banner with improved color performance and durability.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world.
(1) Use of HP Latex Mobile requires the mobile device and HP Latex printer to have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only.
(2) Certification and requirements vary by country. Graphics manufacturers using HP 831 Latex Inks, a 3M MCS Warranty component, that are eligible to offer the 3M MCS Warranty can go to www.3Mgraphics.com/warrantyregistration to register to receive their personalized Certificate of 3M MCS Warranty. Once approved, they will also be able to use the MCS logo in their promotional efforts to brand owners.
(3) The HP Designjet Z6800 Production Printer delivers 54 percent faster printing speeds than the HP Designjet Z6100 Printer (demonstrated by internal HP tests).
(4) Display permanence rating for interior displays/away from direct sunlight by HP Image Permanence Lab, and by Wilhelm Imaging Research, Inc. on a range of HP media.