HP Inc. Introduces New Latex Printers for Medium-to-Large Sign and Display PSPs
PALO ALTO, Calif. — May 2, 2016 — HP Inc. today introduced the HP Latex 500 printer series and HP Latex 1500 printer, helping medium-to-large sign and display print service providers (PSPs) enhance productivity and pursue application growth areas at an affordable cost of entry.
"Many medium-to-large sign and display print providers are looking for solutions that can handle higher-production volumes and enable access to profitable applications," says Xavier Garcia, general manager, Large Format Printing division, HP Inc. "The HP Latex 500 series and 1500 printer set new performance thresholds at a lower upfront investment, helping customers meet peak production demands to keep jobs in-house as well as capture growth application opportunities such as indoor and outdoor backlit signage."
New HP Latex 500 Printer Series: Higher Productivity for Growing Businesses
Designed for medium-to-large PSPs with increasing print volumes, the new 64˝ HP Latex 560 and 570 printers enable customers to manage a variety of print jobs and peaks in production at a low upfront investment. New features include:
- More unattended printing with a new spindle-less pivot table and automatic skew adjustment to load rolls in one minute or less, heavy-duty roll handling of rolls up to 55 kg (121 lbs.), as well as a status beacon for real-time production monitoring from a distance.
- Print speeds up to 23 m2/hr (248 sq. ft./hr) at indoor mode for cost-effective production of high-quality jobs at fast turnaround times.
- Highly-saturated prints using new vivid print modes with 50% more ink density, also featuring a new wiper roller accessory for high-quality results on low cost banners and self-adhesive vinyl.
- The ability to perform all tasks in front of the printer, including media and ink cartridge changes, doubling available workspace.(1)
- Easy integration into a larger HP Latex fleet with color emulation capabilities.(2)
HP Latex Mobile also enables customers to manage jobs remotely for more unattended production such as overnight printing.
Driving Sustainable Business Growth with HP Latex Technology
Founded in 1886 in the Netherlands, PPP Nederland (PPP) operates with a commitment to delivering its customers high-quality service at a competitive price point. In 2014, the company transitioned from existing solvent technology to become a Latex-only facility, both to keep up with increasing production volumes as well as a growing desire from end-customers for environmentally-certified solutions and finished prints with GREENGUARD GOLD and UL ECOLOGO-certified HP Latex inks.(3)(4)
Looking to increase capacity and achieve faster turnaround times, PPP recently made the decision to expand its HP Latex portfolio with the new HP Latex 570 printer, with a specific interest in the device’s capabilities that combine the flexibility of its existing HP Latex 370 Printer with industrial-like productivity features.
“In our market, superior productivity is the key to sustainable growth,” notes Rogier Schrijer, CEO, PPP Nederland. “Since transitioning from screen and solvent technologies to HP Latex, our company has started to see remarkable growth, achieving 30% growth in 2015 alone and, with the new HP Latex 570 printer, we have already seen a 35% increase in print production without increasing labor costs, driving even higher productivity when we print overnight.”
Fast, Affordable, Super-Wide Production with the HP Latex 1500 Printer
Building on the success of the proven HP Latex 3000 printer series, the 126˝ (3.2-meter) HP Latex 1500 printer offers a robust, affordable super-wide printing solution, providing fast turnarounds on a broad range of indoor and outdoor applications, including PVC banners, self-adhesive vinyl, textiles and double-sided prints.(5)(6)
Printing at speeds up to 74 m2/hour (800 sq. ft./hr) in outdoor production mode and up to 45 m2/hour (480 sq. ft./hr.) in indoor mode, the printer maintains quality print after print with 1,200 dpi HP Thermal Inkjet printheads, auto nozzle replacement, an optical media advance sensor (OMAS), as well as an embedded spectrophotometer. The device also features the productivity benefits of third generation HP Latex technology, delivering prints that are completely dry and scratch-resistant immediately after printing.(7)
Additionally, the HP Latex 1500 Printer helps PSPs reduce running costs and stay in control for both long and short runs, achieving more unattended printing with cost-effective 5-liter HP ink cartridges, an accessible print zone that features LED lighting for easy loading, as well as an internal print server and a status beacon that enables at-a-glance production monitoring.
Customers can also select from a variety of add-on options with the flexibility to only install the features that address their business needs. Options include:
- A dual-roll kit,(8) which maximizes productivity and unattended production on vinyl and other media up to 1.6 meters (64˝).
- In-line slitters that simplify post-processing by slitting output while printing.
- A roll-to-freefall kit,(8) which allows users to start finishing initial prints while the job is still in progress.
- A double-sided day-night kit that enables users to automatically print double-sided backlit applications for color-accurate outdoor advertising displays in any light, frontlit or backlit.(6)
- An ink collector kit for porous substrates such as textiles and mesh banner.(5)
The HP Latex 1500 printer is expected to be available by July 2016, and the HP Latex 500 printer series is expected to be available by August 2016.(9)
HP at drupa
HP will demonstrate the new HP Latex printers alongside its broad portfolio of large-format and sign and display solutions on May 31 - June 10 in Hall 17 at drupa 2016 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through its portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, HP Inc. engineers experiences that amaze.
(1) Available work space based on internal HP testing in January, 2016 comparing the HP Latex 500 printer series to key competitive printers.
(2) In some cases, profile emulation may impact print speed.
(3) UL GREENGUARD GOLD Certification to UL 2818 demonstrates that products are certified to UL's GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. For more information, visit www.ul.com/gg or www.greenguard.org.
(4) UL ECOLOGO Certification to UL 2801 demonstrates that an ink meets a range of multi-attribute, lifecycle based criteria related to human health and environmental considerations (see www.ul.com/EL).
(5) The HP Latex 1500 Ink Collector Kit is an optional accessory for printing on porous textiles and mesh banner. The accessory will be available following the introduction of the HP Latex 1500 printer.
(6) Printing double-sided backlit applications requires the optional HP Latex 1500 Double-sided Day Night Kit. Front-to-back image registration accuracy of 2 mm or better when using certified PVC banner and paper media, see hp.com/go/mediasolutionslocator.
(7) Scratch resistance is comparable to hard-solvent inks on self-adhesive vinyl and PVC banner. Scratch-resistance comparison based on testing third-generation HP Latex Inks and representative hard-solvent inks. Estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of media.
(8) Optional accessories will be available following the introduction of the HP Latex 1500 printer.
(9) Availability is subject to change and may vary by region.
Source: HP Inc.