At FESPA 2015, HP Debuts Presses for Sign and Display PSPs, Corrugated Converters
COLOGNE, Germany—May 18, 2015—At FESPA 2015, HP unveiled the HP Latex 3500 and 3100 printers, expanding its proven HP Latex Technology portfolio, and grew its digital corrugated offering with the HP Scitex 17000 corrugated press. These new solutions help sign and display print service providers (PSPs) and corrugated converters increase productivity and workflow efficiency.
New industrial HP Latex printers for dedicated and diverse application workflows
To remain competitive, high-volume PSPs are constantly challenged to deliver short turnaround times across varied applications, while maintaining top-of-the-line quality. HP is addressing these challenges to better meet the various production needs of sign and display PSPs with the new 3.2-meter (126") HP Latex 3500 and 3100 Printers, which build on the success of its more than 26,000 HP Latex printers installed worldwide.
Ideal for standardized workflows, the new HP Latex 3500 printer handles high-volume, dedicated application production, boosting productivity and helping to reduce production costs. With heavy-duty roll handling up to 300 kg (660 lbs) and 10 liter ink supplies, the printer enables more unattended operation such as overnight printing. Additionally, dual-roll split spindles offer easier, safer handling of oversized rolls; in-line slitters reduce bottlenecks in finishing; and built-in LED lights support on-the-fly proofing.
“Every day, clients are sending us shorter and shorter deadlines. They want better quality and longer runs. Our team was pushing the limits of our existing print equipment to meet demand and keep our customers happy,” said Andy Wilson, managing director, PressOn UK.“The HP Latex 3500 printer has allowed us to push the boundaries even further. The larger media rolls and ink supplies allow us to produce longer runs and save time by printing overnight, enabling us to drive down operational costs.”
Delivering high image quality for a variety of indoor and outdoor applications, the HP Latex 3100 printer is ideal for large sign and display PSPs with a diverse service offering. Printing indoor quality at speeds up to 77 m2/hr. (830 sq. ft./hr),(1) the printer can handle peaks in production and deliver on short turnaround times without sacrificing quality.
“PSPs are increasingly faced with complex jobs and shorter lead times, stretching existing equipment to meet client demand,” said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, Large-Format Sign and Display Division, HP. “The new HP Latex printers further establish HP’s industrial Latex portfolio, delivering a new level of productivity and operational efficiency to help our customers fulfill even the most demanding high-volume sign and display print jobs.”
Helping customers increase unattended operation with remote monitoring and print status alerts, the new HP Latex printers are both compatible with the HP Latex Mobile application,(2) with expanded functionality including metrics reporting and extended language support. The new Printer Status Beacon also helps operators stay up-to-date on job status’ and unexpected downtime from anywhere on the production floor.
The new HP Latex 3000 printer series is also JDF-enabled, a standard language that allows data to pass between different systems to simplify data exchange and collection, helping PSPs reduce labor costs and increase profitability through automation.
Widely recognized as the industry´s most comprehensive finished graphics warranty, the 3M MCS Warranty duration is expanding for HP Latex inks, now offering asix year warranty for film lamination. 3M is also introducing a new UV clear coat for third-generation HP Latex inks that features a five year warranty when used with 3M premium solutions. The 3M UV Clear Coat is expected to be available beginning September 2015.(3)
The HP Latex 3100 and 3500 Printers and complementary HP Latex mobile app are expected to be available worldwide starting August 3, 2015.(4) A new bright white, FSC-certified HP Premium Poster Paper for use with HP Latex printers will also be available worldwide through licensing partner Brand Management Group (BMG).
HP Scitex expands digital corrugated printing portfolio
Helping converters address market demand for shorter runs and faster turnaround times, the new HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press, powered byHP Scitex HDR Printing Technology, can increase digital print productivity for cost-effective corrugated packaging printing.
The new press features the recently introduced HP Scitex Corrugated Grip and HP HDR230 Scitex Inks and prints at speeds of up to 1,000 m2/hr. (10,764 sq. ft./hr.) for economical, high-volume production of industrial-grade corrugated boards. Prints made with the HP HDR230 Scitex Inks on a representative coated media have been independently certified as having Good Deinkability.(5)
“With growing customer demand for faster production, our full-service team frequently moves from graphic design to printing in a matter of days,” said Louis DeJesus, owner, Third Dimension. “The HP Scitex 17000 will help us increase speed to market, meeting deadlines impossible with conventional corrugated equipment. The new press is a key ingredient in our plans for accelerated digital corrugated growth, extending the same high-volume capacity of the HP Scitex 15000 to power our new Charlotte, N.C., facility.”
HP is also introducing the HP Smart Uptime Kit for HP Scitex Presses, a cloud-based inventory management system enabling customers to log parts, track usage and extract reports for increased production uptime and productivity.
The HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press is expected to be available worldwide starting Aug. 1, 2015.(6)
HP at FESPA 2015
At FESPA 2015, HP is showcasing the HP Latex 3100 and 3500 Printers along with its broad portfolio of large-format solutions, including the latest technology innovations:
- The new HP PageWide XL printer portfolio, showcased in the HP PageWide VIP experience area in HP booth V10 hall 9, offers the fastest large-format printing available in color and black-and-white with speeds up to 30 D/A1-size prints per minute, as well as two 775 milliliter ink cartridges per color.(7)
- The recently announced 64" HP Latex 370 printer with 3 liter inks is designed for more unattended printing in large production PSP environments at lower operational costs, while maintaining the high-quality, scratch resistance and drying benefits of HP Latex Inks.
- The new HP Scitex 11000 industrial press with HP Scitex Smart Coat Technology, which provides PSPs with increased versatility and productivity for high-volume production of indoor sign and display applications.
- The recently announced HP Scitex FB750 printer, which enables PSPs to enter into rigid printing with a compact footprint and tabletop roll holder design for flexible substrates.
(1) Printed in Indoor High Quality mode (6-pass six-color 100 percent)
(2) HP Latex Mobile is compatible with Android 4.1.2 or later and iPhone mobile digital devices running iOS 6 or later and requires the printer and the smart phone to be connected to the Internet. Support for HP Latex 3000 printer series and tablet devices available as of August, 2015.
(3) Certification and requirements vary by country. Graphics manufacturers using HP 831/881/891 Latex Inks, a 3M MCS Warranty component, that are eligible to offer the 3M MCS Warranty can go to www.3Mgraphics.com/warrantyregistrationto register to receive their personalized Certificate of 3M MCS Warranty. Once approved, they will also be able to use the MCS logo in their promotional efforts to brand owners.
(4) Availability will be country dependent and subject to change.
(5) Papiertechnische Stiftung Munich Deinking certification according to INGEDE Method 11 and European Recovered Paper Council Deinking Scorecard.
(6) Selected availability as of Aug. 1, 2015 and general availability as of Nov. 1, 2015. Availability will be country dependent and subject to change.
(7) Printing at up to 30 D/A1 pg./min. and up to 1500 D/A1 pg./hr., the HP PageWide XL 8000 printer is faster than alternatives for large-format printing of technical documents, GIS maps and point-of-sale (POS) posters under $200,000 USD as of March, 2015 including 36" wide LED printers (printing up 22 D/A1 pg./min.) and wide-format printers based on Memjet technology (printing up to 800 D/A1 pg./hr.). Based on internal HP testing of the HP PageWide XL 8000 printer in-line drawing print mode on uncoated bond paper printing in D/A1 landscape.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world.