Winning entrants were chosen from more than 60 submissions for the fifth edition of the annual "PODi Best Practices in Digital Print" report, to be published this spring. The annual publication provides a detailed analysis of best practice principles for conceiving, designing and producing successful digital printing applications.
This year's applications forum reportedly drew more than 400 attendees, a 60 percent increase from 2004. (www.podi.org)
Industry Titans to Speak at On Demand
NEWTON, MA—Top executives from several of the country's largest corporations are scheduled to give keynote addresses at the AIIM On Demand Conference & Exposition, to be held May 17-19 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
The program includes:
* "The Future of the On-demand Business"—Brian Roberts, chairman & CEO, Comcast Corp.
* "The Future of the Document"—Gary Kusin, president & CEO, FedEx Kinko's.
* "Tradition & Transformation: The Changing World of Graphic Communications"—Daniel Carp, chairman & CEO, Eastman Kodak.
* "The Transformation of the Print Industry"—Charles Pesko Jr., managing director, InfoTrends/CAP Ventures.
* "Capturing the Upside While Avoiding the Downside"—Clayton Christensen, author, "Seeing What's Next," professor, Harvard Business School.
Presented by Advanstar Technology Group, the combined event is expected to attract more than 20,000 attendees. Keynote sessions are free to all conference and exposition attendees. (www.aiimondemand.com)
AdsML Consortium Sets Goals, Elects Officers for 2005
ANTWERP, BELGIUM—AdsML Consortium members met in early February to elect officers and approve AdsML Framework development plans for 2005, among other agenda items. The mission of the group is to develop an open standard for automating advertising business processes for all types of media, all stages of the lifecycle of an advertisement and across all segments of the advertising industry, worldwide.
Members approved the Technical Working Group's 2005 standards deliverables schedule, aiming at an October 2005 release date. Activities will center on adding capabilities to Framework specifications already approved or proposed, including AdsML Envelope, AdsML Bookings, Structured Descriptions, Advertising Component Interactions and Content Delivery.