Newspaper Associate Launches Advertising Campaign to Promote ReadershipOctober 24, 2011
Metrics highlighted on the campaign Web page include:
• More than 163 million U.S. adults read a newspaper in print or online in the past week. (Scarborough Research, 2011)
• Local newspaper websites rank first among all local media sources for trustworthiness, credibility and being most informative. (“Site Matters”, comScore, 2009)
• Newspaper advertising, in print and online, is cited by shoppers as their top choice for planning shopping and making purchasing decisions. (“How America Shops and Spends”, Frank N. Magid Associates, 2011)
• Eighty percent of U.S. adults who contributed money to a political organization in the past year have read a newspaper or visited a newspaper website in the past seven days. (Scarborough Research, 2011)
• More than 70 percent of small business owners and more than 74 percent of those in management have read a newspaper or visited a newspaper website in the past seven days. (Scarborough Research, 2011)
• Newspaper media reach 81 percent of households earning $250,000 or more in the average week, and more than 77 percent of households earning between $100,000 and $249,999. (Scarborough Research, 2011)
NAA is a nonprofit organization representing nearly 2,000 newspapers and their multiplatform businesses in the United States and Canada. NAA members include daily newspapers, as well as nondailies, other print publications and online products. Headquartered near Washington, D.C., in Arlington, Va., the association focuses on the major issues that affect today's newspaper industry: public policy/legal matters, advertising revenue growth and audience development across the medium's broad portfolio of products and digital platforms.
Newspaper National Network, a private partnership owned by 25 of the largest U.S. newspaper companies, is the leading network for local media. As a “one-stop point of contact” for national advertisers, NNN develops innovative, scalable advertiser solutions using print, digital, mobile, tablet, Hispanic and other niche media. NNN is committed to strengthening brands, improving efficiencies, and increasing advertiser ROI. With 15-plus years of experience, NNN maximizes the local market connection, on a national scale, at no cost to advertisers.
About the Martin Agency
The Martin Agency offers unified advertising, strategic planning, media, direct response, interactive, data analytics, design, branded content and local lead generation. Clients include BFGoodrich, Discover Financial Services, Expedia, GEICO, Hanes, Manpower, Morgan Stanley, Norwegian Cruise Line, PING, Pizza Hut, Sun Life Financial, TYLENOL, the American Cancer Society, USTA, Walmart and ESPN3.com.