SpeedPro Imaging Partners with Pioneer of Digital Art, Laurence Gartel
CENTENNIAL, Colo. - December 7, 2017 - Eric Lazar, owner of the SpeedPro Chicago Loop location of SpeedPro Imaging, the nation’s leading printing and graphics franchise, has secured a monumental partnership with Laurence Gartel, “the Father of Digital Art,” to produce three vibrant “Art Cars” for this week’s much anticipated Art Basel Miami Beach - one of the biggest art shows in the world.
On Friday, December 8th, and Saturday, December 9th, Gartel will be joined in South Florida by Lazar as the pair unveil three brand new, and strikingly different, Art Cars – a Chrysler 300, an Infiniti G37, and a Ford C-Max Hybrid – right in time for Art Basel Miami Beach. All Art Basel Miami Beach attendees are encouraged to share photos of the Art Cars using #GartelArtCars and #SpeedProArtCars (more info on Art Basel and other winter events can be found below).
Gartel, who was featured as the official artist of the 57th GRAMMY Awards in 2015 and the 113th New York International Auto Show in 2013, is excited about the partnership and says Art Cars are both the future of digital art and most eye-catching form of mobile advertising.
“Other artists used to tell me I was crazy when I told them computers would one day replace paintbrushes,” said Gartel. “Today, we’re creating art digitally and we’re putting that art in motion via Art Cars as moving art installations. Art Cars spark social engagement and interaction – you can take them anywhere and thousands of people flock to discuss, snap photos and share with friends. I’m thrilled to be working with SpeedPro Imaging on three new Art Cars we’ll showcase at Art Basel Miami Beach and a series of other events throughout the winter.”
As the nation’s leading printing and graphics franchise, SpeedPro Imaging is the perfect partner for digital artists like Gartel. By handling all formatting, printing, and installation with in-house experts and certified partners, SpeedPro Imaging excels in bringing artwork to life.
Lazar reached out to Gartel a few weeks ago to offer printing expertise and hands-on support and the art legend accepted, presenting the Art Basel Miami Beach as the perfect place to launch the partnership. According to Lazar, SpeedPro Imaging’s industry-leading capabilities weren’t the only reason Gartel was interested.
“I’ve been following Gartel since we were introduced on Facebook in 2010 and always wanted to reach out because we share a powerful personal connection,” said Lazar. “Gartel was a camper of my dad’s back in the sixties when he served as head counselor; anyone who attended the Bronx House camp had a great affinity for that place and my dad. Similar to lifelong bonds I developed while serving in the Marine Corps, Gartel is deeply committed to people he met at camp during his formative years – as was my father. Gartel and I both believe things happen for a reason, so it’s no coincidence we’re partnering in this spectacular effort—it was fate. On behalf of everyone at SpeedPro Chicago Loop and the entire SpeedPro Imaging franchise system, we are honored and humbled to be working with Gartel as the official printing, graphics, and installation partner for this winter’s Gartel Art Car projects.”
Gartel and Lazar are excited to be partnering together and credit Weston, FL-based SpeedPro Imaging owner Anita Pickens, and local 3M-certified installer TJ Kessel, for their efforts supplementing the extensive printing and installation requirements for the three Gartel Art Cars.
The Art Cars will be featured as mobile exhibitions later this week and throughout the winter. Detailed schedule below.
Art Basel Miami Beach Events
Friday, December 8 (8PM Start)
- Private School of Visual Arts Event (Gartel’s alma mater) hosted at The Broken Shaker, 2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach, FL 33140
- Fly Blade Event with DJ Irie (Miami Heat) hosted at FAENA Hotel, 3201 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33140
Saturday, December 9 (10AM Start) – Traveling to major event locations during Art Basel Miami Beach, including…
- 10AM appearance at 16th Annual Miami Art Week Brunch hosted at The Sagamore Hotel Miami Beach, 1671 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139
- TBD appearance at Nikki Beach located at 1 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- 3PM appearance at Gartel’s AQUA Art Miami book signing hosted at Aqua Hotel, 1520 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139
Future Winter 2017/2018 Event Destinations
- January – Mid-February 2018 – Gartel Art Show hosted at Pompano Beach Cultural Center, 50 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33060
- January 6-14, 2018 – SuperCar Week hosted at points throughout Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, etc.
- January 17-21, 2018 – Art Palm Beach hosted at Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- January 25-28, 2018 – Art Fort Lauderdale hosted at Bahia Mar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
For more information about SpeedPro Imaging’s printing and graphics solutions, please visit www.speedpro.com.
For more information about Laurence Gartel’s Art Cars, please visit www.gartelart.com.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Printing Impressions.