RISO to Introduce ComColor Express RIP
DANVERS, MA—August 29, 2007—RISO, Inc., a leader in digital printing technology, has announced plans to introduce its new ComColor(tm) Express RIP for the HC5500 Full Color Printer at the upcoming Graph Expo, booth 2811.
The new ComColor Express RIP is designed to enhance productivity, output quality and range of applications for RISO’s HC5500 Printer. In addition to its faster ripping speed, the new RIP powers a series of robust, added-value features including:
• Advanced Archive Editing, enabling users to merge multiple jobs and file types (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and print them together as one job, merge and print pages from different jobs, change the order of pages, and insert or delete pages. In addition, users can easily revise pages or sections of archived documents without needing to re-archive the entire document.
• Color Profile Upload capability, allowing users to create custom color profiles for even higher print quality while taking advantage of the HC5500’s outstanding reliability, low running cost and throughput.
• Hot Folder feature through which files can be dragged and dropped directly into a “hot folder” for immediate printing.
• New scanning features including “scan to email,” “scan to shared folder” or “scan to FTP.”
• Queue Settings and Codes, allowing users to register print settings for standardized workflows, or set codes to restrict printer access.
• PPML, PCL and RAW printing compatibility that enhances the utility of the HC5500 for variable data, transactional or trans-promotional printing applications.
“Our new ComColor Express RIP significantly expands the power, productivity and benefits of the HC5500, a technology that is creating new opportunities within the expanding full color marketplace because of its high speed, reliability and low running costs,” said David Murphy, Vice President of Marketing for RISO, Inc. “The ComColor Express strengthens the HC5500’s already significant speed advantage, provides a series of added-value features, and expands the range of markets that can benefit from the HC5500’s productivity.”