Realistic Iron Cross Wallet Mailer with Insert: 60-Second Fold of the Week
This week's spotlight is on an incredibly realistic (and very effective) mailer from CustomInk. Designed by their in-house creative agency and produced by Continuum Managed Print Services and Carlson Print Group, this "wallet" looks and feels real.
From the texture of the paper to the realistic graphics, this iron cross package holds a special offer. For a lucky 10,000 recipients, it also included a notebook as a gift. Trish will show you this outstanding mailer and will share the scoop on how it performed. Don't miss this week's episode!
How was this Realistic Iron Cross Wallet Mailer with Insert created?
- Folding Style: Iron Cross with Custom Shape
- Design: CustomInk Creative Agency (In-House)
- Printing: Continuum Managed Print Services with Carlson Print Group
- Paper: Royal Sundance 65# Felt Cover, Brilliant White
- Size: Flat: 18" x 14.5"; Folded 9" x 6"
- Finishing: Diecut/score on a Bobst; in-line fold, glue, insert and seal
- Notes: Printed 4/4 on a Manroland six-color UV press. 200,000 qty. (10,000 pieces included hand-inserted notebook)
- Budget Rating: Moderate–High
Trish Witkowski shares her super-cool folding samples and helpful production tips. View the “60-second Super-cool Fold of the Week” archive at www.foldfactory.com.
Trish Witkowski is Chief Folding Fanatic at the online community foldfactory.com. She holds a bachelor of fine arts degree in graphic design and a master of science degree in Graphic Arts Publishing from Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Printing Management and Sciences (now the School of Print Media).
An award-winning designer, Trish held the position of creative director for a Baltimore-based agency for six years, and has taught design and desktop publishing at the college level. She has a specialized expertise in the area of folding and is the creator of the FOLDRite™ system, a 2004 GATF InterTech™ Technology Award winner.
Trish frequently publishes articles for graphic arts industry publications, and has written three books on the topic of folding: A Field Guide to Folding, Folding for the Graphic Arts: A Teacher's Handbook, and FOLD: The Professional's Guide to Folding.