Mimaki USA Introduces Seven-Color, 128" UJV55-320 Superwide-Format UV-LED Printer
SUWANEE, Ga. — April 6, 2016 — Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, has announced the UJV55-320 super wide-format UV-LED printer, a 128˝ roll-to-roll model featuring seven ink colors including white for printing on transparent or colored media. It will be on display at various worldwide expositions including in the Mimaki USA booth 1770 at the upcoming International Sign Expo, April 21-23, in Orlando, Fla.
The new UJV55-320 produces vibrant colors with a high degree of opacity and consistent color for optimal results in day/night applications. Instant-curing UV inks enable multi-layer printing that reproduces high-quality designs with two-layer or three-layer printing. This model is also equipped with an LED light for checking backlit signage during printing, which gives operators the ability to immediately verify density, thereby reducing waste and improving production efficiency.
Ideal for Creating Backlit Panels
Large indoor backlit signs are commonly used at airports, transit stations and commercial facilities. This method of visual communications is gaining favor due to the use of long-lifetime and energy-efficient LEDs and a shift toward environmentally conscious advertisements. Since UV-curable inks do not contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), they’re ideal for creating signs with a low environmental impact.
- Super wide or dual-roll capacity. The UJV55-320 printer supports media up to 127.9˝ (3.2 m) wide for oversized graphics and panels. It can also print simultaneously onto two rolls up to 60˝ (1.52 m) wide each. This dual-roll capability can double the productivity of a shop, with both rolls printing the same set of graphics, or completely different jobs.
- Mimaki Proofing Panel (MPP) for instant print quality checks. An LED backlit-proofing panel gives the operator the ability to check the color fidelity during printing and react immediately to a misprint, which can help reduce waste and improve production efficiency. This feature is particularly useful for checking backlit prints. The MPP is installed on front of the machine. With a quick visual check, the operator can easily assess the print quality under similar conditions used for backlit signage.
- High productivity. This model offers fast print speeds of up to 1184 square feet (110 square meters) per hour(1). It is also fully networkable with industry standard Gigabit Ethernet for multiple printer connections over greater distances ensuring the highest productivity. The UJV55-320 supports a variety of uncoated media that does not require drying time so prints can be finished immediately after printing.
- White ink adds value. The combination of white and color inks adds value to transparent media applications. Compared to other inks such as solvent, UV-curable inks are thicker and maintain vibrancy when used for backlit signage. White ink also enables three-layer printing with color + white + color. Often, only colored inks are used for multi-layer printing to increase opacity but that process results in a darker appearance when used in a reflective (daylight, not backlit) environment. The white layer (color + white + color) ensures color fidelity for backlit and double-sided signs during both day and night. The UJV55-320 printer uses Mimaki original LUS-120 UV-LED inks available in cyan, magenta, yellow, black, light cyan, light magenta and white. LUS-120 UV-LED inks also offer excellent scratch resistance provide up to 170% flexibility making them ideal for foldable and easy-to handle-banner applications.
Mimaki Technologies for Sharp Print Quality
- Mimaki Advance Pass System 4 (MAPS4) technology reduces banding and produces smoother images.
- Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1 (MFD1) patented dithering technique in RasterLink6 RIP software enhances image quality.
- Variable dot printing produces smoother gradients and quartertones.
- Waveform control jets each ink droplet at an optimum angle to maintain ink droplet formation and shape.
Mimaki Technologies for Uninterrupted Printing
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) for White ink circulates the ink at regular intervals to prevent pigment sedimentation for more stable printing, fewer cleanings and more cost-effective ink utilization.
- Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) automatically detects and recovers clogged nozzles.
- If a nozzle cannot be recovered, the Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) selects substitute nozzles and restarts printing.
- High-capacity ink reservoirs hold up to three liters of ink for long runs.
The UJV55-320 printer will be available in U.S., Canada and Latin America beginning in April 2016.
(1) Four-color, Draft VD, 300 x 600 dpi, Bi Nor, 2-pass, Banner
About Mimaki USA
Mimaki is an innovator and a pioneer in the development of digital printing and cutting products worldwide. The company has engineered and manufactured a complete line of digital printers and cutters, and offers a total workflow solution for the many applications found in the Sign & Graphics, Textile & Apparel and Industrial markets. In 2014, Mimaki USA celebrated 15 years of serving customers in the Americas. It is an operating entity of Mimaki Engineering of Japan, which celebrated its 40th year in 2015.
Source: Mimaki USA.