Kodak’s Print On-Demand Solutions Group Showcases Automated Print-Production Processes Using CREO Color Server Technology
BIRMINGHAM, UK—May 19, 2010—At Ipex, Kodak’s Print On-Demand Solutions Group will demonstrate how CREO Color Servers can help digital printers automate print-production processes to optimize their business. CREO Color Server Technology will drive several industry-leading printers and presses, including new models from Xerox, Konica Minolta, HP and Océ. Customers will learn about using workflow integration to enhance marketing and creative applications for direct mail, transactional, commercial printing, photo publishing products, and variable data printing.
“Our proven workflow technology helps commercial printers more efficiently drive automation and deliver customer-focused services,” said Hezy Rotman, General Manager, Kodak’s Print On-Demand Solutions Group, “This goes beyond the integration of conventional and digital environments into solutions that drive down costs and allow printers to deliver true multichannel marketing services. At this show, we are very happy to present our advanced capabilities of supporting our partners with their state-of-the-art presses, and to show our support for industry-standards such as Adobe PDF Print Engine 2 and Fogra”.
Workflow automation is the key for increasing print productivity, preventing human error, and fulfilling customer needs accurately and effectively. CREO Color Servers have premium connectivity to industry-leading workflow solutions such as Kodak Prinergy Workflow, and deliver seamless integration between all production steps, for faster turnaround time and reduced labour.
The CREO Color Server open connectivity is based on JDF and comes built-in with every system. It facilitates plug-and-play connections to prominent third party workflow and VDP systems.
Also visit CREO Color Servers at partner stands at IPEX 2010:
• Bytes Document Solutions, a Xerox reseller, (stand, 9-E359) will present the CX Print Server driving the Xerox 700 digital color press.
• Canon Europe (stand, 10-CDEF270) will demonstrate the imagePRESS CR Server A7000, Powered by CREO Color Server Technology, driving the Canon imagePRESS 6000VP. VDP connectivity with ObjectifLune PlanetPress will be demonstrated printing personalised guides for show visitors. Also displayed at the stand is the enhanced connectivity of CREO Color Server and Kodak Prinergy Workflow.
• Hewlett-Packard (stand, 12-AB150) will show its SmartStream Production Plus Print Server, Powered by CREO, for the all-new HP Indigo 7500 Digital Press. HP will also demonstrate the HP SmartStream Production Plus Print Server, Powered by CREO, for the HP Indigo 7000 Digital Press.
At the HP stand, attendees can also see live demonstration of the connectivity between CREO Color Server and to Kodak Prinergy Workflow.
• Konica Minolta (stand, 9-DE340) will offer a look at its newly announced IC-307 Print Controller, Powered by CREO Color Server Technology, driving the new Konica Minolta bizhub Press C8000. Also demonstrated at the booth is the IC-304 Plus Print Controller driving the Konica Minolta bizhub Pro C65hc Printer, featuring High-Chroma printing, designed specifically for graphics arts professionals to produce vivid prints. Additionally, a live demonstration of the connectivity of CREO Color Servers and PRINTGROOVE VDP DARWIN Software v.3.0 will be shown.
• MuroDigital (stand, 20–B628) will show the CX Print Server, Powered by CREO, driving the Xerox 700 Digital Color Press.
• Océ Printing Systems (stand, 12-B150 and 12-C131) will be presenting for the first time the Océ Colorstream 1000 Flex, printing with PRISMAcolorworks, enabled by CREO Color Server Technology. Océ will also feature connectivity for Prinergy Workflow.
• Ricoh (stand, 12-D130) will present the Ricoh C-80 Print Controller, Powered by CREO Color Server Technology, for Ricoh’s Pro C900. At the Ricoh stand, customers will be able to see a live demonstration of the seamless connectivity of CREO Color Server and Kodak Prinergy Workflow Solutions. The Connectivity of CREO Color Server and AGFA Apogee and Nowdocs Nowprint will also be shown at the Ricoh stand. Additionally, attendees can see the Kodak Darwin VDP Software.
• Xerox Corp. (stand, 7-CD450) demonstrates the newly announced Xerox Color 1000 Press, driven by the CX Print Server, Powered by CREO Color Server Technology. Demonstrating outstanding print quality certified by Fogra also for the first time, the CX Print Server will demonstrate advanced new capabilities such as printing with Clear Dry Ink and supporting Adobe PDF Print Engine 2. Also presented at the Xerox stand is the CX Print Server for the Xerox iGen4 Press.
About Kodak’s Print On-Demand Solutions Group
Kodak’s Print On-Demand Solutions Group develops high-performance CREO Color Servers and workflow solutions for a wide range of digital production printers and presses. CREO Color Servers offer the digital printing industry leading workflow connectivity solutions. They utilize intelligent, JDF-enabled automation of all print-production steps to help drive business performance and profit.
The group supplies CREO Color Servers to industry leaders including Canon, Hewlett-Packard, Konica Minolta, Océ, Ricoh, and Xerox Corp.
This independent unit of Eastman Kodak Company continues to unlock the power of print on-demand to maximize customers' success in digital printing and workflow solutions.
For more information about CREO Color Servers, visit www.creoservers.com.