HP Unveils Scitex Industrial Press, Inks for Sign and Display Print Providers at Fespa
AMSTERDAM — March 8, 2016 —HP Inc. today introduced the HP Scitex 9000 Industrial Press and HP HDR245 Scitex Inks, enabling more sign and display print service providers (PSPs) to capture industrial production speeds at an entry-level investment.
Mid-volume PSPs face a gap in the market, requiring faster production speeds than what entry-level equipment can deliver but at a lower cost of ownership than high-end industrial presses. With the new HP Scitex 9000 Industrial Press and HP HDR245 Scitex Inks, HP is expanding its HP Scitex High Dynamic Range (HDR) portfolio, now installed in over 30 countries worldwide, and reinventing the mid-volume industrial category by making high-quality production at speed even more affordable.
"Sign and display PSPs are constantly challenged with finding the right printing solutions that fit both their business needs and budget," says Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, Large Format Printing, HP. "The affordable new HP Scitex 9000 Industrial Press and HP HDR245 Scitex Inks enable more customers to take advantage of the quality and productivity of HP Scitex HDR printing technology for higher-value jobs, while offering a clear upgrade path for customers as their printing needs evolve over time."
Competitive Offering for Mid-Volume Market
The HP Scitex 9000 Industrial Press provides up to 90 beds/hour engine speed. With its manual media handling, productivity is operator dependent and can reach up to 60 beds/hour.(1) Reaching up to a 500,000 Sq. Meter/year (5,381,955 Sq. Ft./year) duty cycle, the HP Scitex 9000 Industrial Press enables customers to print a range of applications, including point-of-purchase signs and displays. Additionally, the press is upgradeable, allowing customers to scale production according to their quality and productivity needs as their businesses grow.
New HP HDR245 Scitex Inks offer cost-effective production on flexible as well as rigid and select plastic medias, providing higher quality at faster speeds.(2) The new, low odor inks enable longer runs with minimal maintenance intervention and can eliminate the need for additional protective overcoats due to their flexibility and surface durability, ultimately reducing production times as well as operational costs.(3) HP HDR245 Scitex Inks provide a wide color gamut with up to 86 percent pantone coverage and print longevity of up to two years outdoors.(4, 5)
The HP Scitex 9000 Industrial Press will be commercially available beginning June 1, 2016.(6)
HP at FESPA 2016
In addition to announcing its latest HP Scitex HDR technology advancements, HP is also showcasing its broad portfolio of industry-leading large-format solutions,(7) including:
- The HP Latex 310, HP Latex 360 and HP Latex 370 Printers, representing the No.1 low-volume printer series,(7)which help customers efficiently expand large-format applications with improved durability and image quality.
- The HP Latex 3500 Printer, ideal for high-volume dedicated application production.
- The HP Scitex FB750 Industrial Printer providing increased quality, versatility, ease of use, compactness and reliability, as well as the ability to print on rigid and flexible media.
- The HP PageWide XL 8000 Printer, the fastest large-format monochrome and color printer ever,(8) redefining technical production with up to 50 percent savings in total production costs.(9)
- The HP WallArt Suite, the first open platform in the large-format market that allows the integration of different digital content applications and new application development.
- The HP DesignJet Z3200 and Z6200 Photo Production Printers, delivering high-quality output at high speeds and enabling PSPs to expand their offering to include top photo-quality prints, backlit signs, POP displays, roll-up banners, canvases and more.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze.
(1) Required 20-40 seconds for loading/unloading
(2) Compared to HP HDR250 Scitex Inks
(3) HP HDR245 Scitex Inks are formulated to produce low-odor prints that are tested according to the DIN EN 1230-1 odor standard for paper and board. Print odor is rated on a scale of zero (no perceptible odor) to four (strong odor). Print odor with HP HDR245 Scitex Inks at POP Production is rated one to two for prints produced in matte mode. Odor test results validated by internal HP testing.
(4) HP HDR245 Scitex Inks color gamut based on December 2015 internal HP testing to 2 dE2000, in HQ POP Gloss mode.
(5) Up to two years at outdoors illumination conditions
(6) Availability will be country dependent and subject to change.
(7) Based on IDC market research as of August 2015 specific to the low-volume digital large-format market:
Size=42-44", 45-71" and super-wide
Toner/Ink Type=Aqueous, Solvent, Eco Solvent and Latex
Media Output: Roll-to-Roll
Source: IDC WW Quarterly LFP Tracker, Final Historical 2Q15, Aug 2015
(8) Fastest based on internal HP testing and methodology compared to alternatives for large-format printing of technical documents, GIS maps, and point-of-sale (POS) posters under $200,000 USD as of March, 2015. Production costs savings based on comparison to a setup consisting of one monochrome LED printer and one color production printer, both under $150,000 USD, as of April, 2015. Production costs consist of supplies and service costs, printer energy costs, and operator costs. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
(9) HP PageWide XL 8000 printing at up to 30 D/A1 pages/minute for large-format printing of technical documents, GIS maps, and point-of-sale (POS) posters compared with printers under $200,000 USD as of March, 2015 including 36-inch wide LED printers (printing up 22 D/A1 pages/minute) and printers based on Memjet technology (printing up to 800 D/A1 pages/hour) based on internal HP testing. Production costs savings based on HP PageWide XL 8000 Printer compared with a combination of a monochrome LED printer and a color production printer, both under $150,000 USD, as of April, 2015; testing criteria and production cost detail assumptions available upon request.
Source: HP Inc.