How to Set Up Your Selling Week
As promised, all week, I will be speaking and writing about how to plan an effective selling week. It starts with today’s sales tip and continues with tomorrow’s blog. Sales Vault Insiders will receive additional content Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as part of their paid subscription. More on that below.
Let’s start with a baseline. Grab a pen and a piece of paper. I've got five questions for you:
- When you arrived this morning, did you have a plan for the day waiting for you? Yes/no.
- Have you identified your top priorities for today? Yes/No.
- Could you prospect on a dime? That is, if I asked you to pick up the phone and make a new business call, are you organized enough to accomplish that task? Yes/No.
- Did you give this week any thought at all last week? Yes/No.
- Do you have an accountability buddy? Yes/no.
Breaking each question down:
- The most important part of time management is preparation. If you do nothing more than plan the day before it starts, you set yourself up for success.
- Part of that preparation should be identifying one, two, or three tasks that are answers to the question, “If I accomplish nothing else today, I will get this done.”
- You never know when your day will open up and you will have time to make a new business sales call. However, preparation being the key to time management, you need to be ready with a list accessible instantly.
- Each week has a theme. If you start thinking about next week this week, you can plan activities to be grouped together and increase your sales efficiency.
- My guess is less than 1% of you have an accountability buddy. This is an important part of time management. State your activity goals to someone and then meet on a regular basis. Do the same for them. It’s amazing how much more gets done when you've made a commitment.
And that’s it!
An effective selling week is made up of several small components. This is a good start. In tomorrow’s blog, I will throw three ideas at you to help you get to the next level.
Sales Vault Insiders, the Time Management And Sales Focus workshop continues this Friday and if you are looking to score some new business, the New Business Workshop, a three week program, begins this Tuesday. Non members can take the course for $199 or can join The Sales Vault for $35 and it is included along with all workshops, downloads, peer discussions, and searchable content.
Go to BillFarquharson.com and click on Events or call me at 781-934-7036.
Have a great selling week!