Agfa Graphics Will Showcase 'Extremely Vivid Printing' at ISA Sign Expo
ELMWOOD PARK, N.J. — April 20, 2016 — Agfa Graphics will be demonstrating the extreme capabilities of its product portfolio at the International Sign Association’s Sign Expo 2016 where “Extremely Vivid Printing” is the theme throughout booth #1335. ISA’s Sign Expo is being held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., from April 21-23.
Along with Agfa Graphics’ Jeti and Anapurna inkjet engines, which now feature productivity enhancements and increased versatility, attendees can experience advanced workflow software and new media designed to help stimulate any Print Service Provider’s (PSP) business. For the first time, Agfa will launch an “extreme” new printing technique called “Multidimensional Printing,” which takes inkjet printing to the next level.
“Multidimensional Printing” is a breakthrough technique of creating unique output with rich and appealing depth and texture by layering and isolating inks and varnish on parts of an image. Examples of “multidimensional printing” will be on display in Agfa Graphics’ Applications Academy.
“Our expertise in media, software and hardware has resulted in the most robust and productive collection of inkjet printing systems ever seen in one place,” explains Deborah Hutcheson, director of marketing, Agfa Graphics, North America. “We are proud to deliver systems with the lowest ink consumption in the industry that produces output with a low ink profile similar to commercial output. That means we offer our customers the lowest cost of ownership with the highest quality output in the industry.”
All the Agfa Graphics UV inkjet systems being demonstrated at the booth are driven by Asanti workflow. The Jeti Mira and Jeti Tauro will feature new productivity enhancements and increased versatility, while the Anapurna line has been designed help the low- to mid-range PSP market be more productive. The engines that will be on display include:
- Jeti Mira — featuring an all-new RTR dockable system that attaches to the front of the flat bed table, reducing the distance the media needs to travel (less media waste) and further decreasing the chance of skewing while also improving accuracy. The Jeti Mira is designed to minimize waste while enabling PSP’s ability to print on a wide variety of flexible media. The 105˝ (2.6m) true flatbed Jeti Mira UV inkjet printer offers impressive print quality and productivity with printing speeds up to 1453 ft2/hr. Featuring a moving gantry for printing on x- and y-axes with pinpoint precision, the Jeti Mira produces high quality in six colors plus white with optional primer or varnish. The ‘print and prepare’ technology allows media loading on the front while the back is printing for non-stop productivity.
- Jeti Tauro H2500 — featuring a new, advanced ABF, the 98˝ (2.5m) wide high-end hybrid six-color UV inkjet printer has a gloss printing mode and optional white and/or primer. The new ABF is a semi-automated board feeder and stacker that reduces idle time and increases efficiency with productivity gains in some cases of more than 30%. With printing speeds up to 2960 sq. ft/hr., the Jeti Tauro sets a new standard in print quality and is designed for extreme workloads. It accommodates both rigid and flexible substrates. The Jeti Tauro comes standard with manual media loading tables which are perfect for smaller runs, while the new ABF makes for more efficient production.
- Anapurna M2540i FB — the Anapurna M2540i FB is a six-color plus white, high speed, 100˝ (2.54 m) true flatbed UV-inkjet printer that prints at speeds up to 1,000 sq. ft./hr. Featuring a moving gantry flatbed and three-layer printing in a single pass, the Anapurna M2540i has accurate double-sided printing via pin registration on an eight-vacuum zone table.
- Anapurna M2500i — this 98˝ (2.5m) wide hybrid, six-color plus white UV-inkjet printer features multi-layer printing in one pass with speeds up to 1,235 sq. ft./hr. An optional automatic board feeder increases productivity. The Anapurna M2500i is all about productivity. Its new design introduces more accurate dot positioning, an enhanced curing system and higher performing print heads. It’s ideal for color or white printing, for rigid and roll media and for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Anapurna M3200i RTR — Agfa Graphics’ enhanced Anapurna M3200i RTR is a 126˝ (3.2m) wide roll-to-roll UV inkjet printer offering high productivity with speeds up to 1300 sq. ft./hr. The Anapurna M3200i RTR comes in a six-color, four-color or four-color plus white configuration. Optional dual roll printing means double the productivity. The mesh option allows printing on mesh without a liner, saving time and money. A specially-designed trolley handles heavy rolls and alleviates hassles.
- Epson SureColor S80600 — As part of the new Epson SureColor S-Series line of 64˝ solvent inkjet printers, the SureColor S80600 printer provides outstanding levels of photographic print quality, durability and media compatibility. The SureColor S80600 uses the Epson UltraChrome GS3 nine-color ink set with newly-formulated red solvent along with the option for white or metallic silver inks.
- HP Latex 360 — Obtain outdoor durability and versatility across all common media types used in sign and display applications with HP Latex Inks. Prints are completely cured and dry inside the printer and are ready for finishing and delivery.
Attendees can also learn about Asanti from Agfa Graphics, the wide-format workflow solution that streamlines production processes and maintains consistency while integrating all pre-press elements. Agfa Graphics’ Asanti powers all of Agfa Graphics’ Anapurna and Jeti engines.
Asanti 2.0 features hands-free layout automation through layout templates and hot tickets, enhanced operator GUI for nesting and repeats, new color tools for custom spot libraries, spectral color readings, transparent media and optical brightening agents and faster rendering performance, new preflight and correction capabilities, and the latest Adobe PDF Print Engine.
Additionally, Asanti StoreFront, a cloud-based Web-to-print system, is being demonstrated at ISA. Asanti StoreFront allows PSPs to set up e-stores and extend ecommerce services to existing customers while expanding into new markets.
The latest release of StoreFront, v3.1, includes support for kitting, discounts and promo codes. It also features new design options, production enhancements for easier administration and new business logic updates for optimal cost coverage and profitability.
Agfa Graphics’ Extremely Vivid Printing booth theme will attract PSPs looking for inspiration to expand their business. Agfa Graphics’ popular “Application Zones,” include two interactive, walk-through cubes that feature real-life samples of unique inkjet output like lampshades, floor cloths, wall coverings and more.
The Agfa Graphics booth will be the only place to see the new Black Back Mesh Banner for building wraps, indoor and outdoor signage, exclusively from Agfa Graphics.
All of these and other wide-format printing solutions from Agfa Graphics are in booth #1335 at Sign Expo, being held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., from April 21–23.
The Agfa-Gevaert Group is one of the world’s leading companies in imaging and information technology. Agfa develops, manufactures and markets analog and digital systems for the printing industry (Agfa Graphics), for the healthcare sector (Agfa Healthcare), and for specific industrial applications (Agfa Materials). Agfa is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium. The company is present in 40 countries and has agents in another 100 countries around the globe. The Agfa-Gevaert Group achieved a turnover of 2,646 million euros in 2015.
About Agfa Graphics
Agfa Graphics offers integrated prepress solutions to the printing industry. These solutions comprise consumables, hardware, software and services for production workflow, project and color management.
Agfa Graphics is a worldwide leader with its computer-to-plate and digital proofing systems for commercial and packaging printing and the newspaper publishing markets.
Agfa Graphics is rapidly developing its position in the new segments of industrial inkjet with comprehensive solutions for various applications such as documents, posters, banners, signage, displays, labels and packaging materials. Its experience in both imaging and emulsion technology has provided the expertise required for developing a complete assortment of high-quality inks.
About Agfa Graphics North America
Agfa Graphics North America collaborates with world class manufacturers to provide a diverse offering of the most advanced solutions for the prepress, pressroom, wide format, newspaper, packaging and commercial printing industries. Agfa reinforces its customer-focused approach by providing the market with an unmatched distribution network, expert specialists, and unparalleled service excellence.
Agfa Graphics North America delivers integrated and complete solutions tailored to the ever-changing needs of the graphic communications industry, enabling businesses to produce powerful messages and be more profitable.
Source: Agfa Graphics.