Epson Releases Firmware Update for SureColor T-Series Large-Format Printers
LONG BEACH, Calif. — March 15, 2016 — Epson today released enhanced firmware for its current generation of SureColor T-Series large-format color printers — the T3270, T5270, T7270, T5270D and T7270D. The new firmware enhancements, coupled with Epson's latest PrecisionCore TFP print head and Epson UltraChrome XD pigment ink, provide technical, corporate, marketing and government professionals a combination of precision, performance and productivity with best-in-class printing and scanning speeds.
"Based directly on customer feedback, the new firmware offers several improvements focused on reducing the level of user interaction and streamlining workflows, all using the same hardware," says Matthew Kochanowski, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. "The T-Series printers offer a powerful, cost-effective and scalable printing solution that allows customers to scan and print high-quality jobs quickly, while integrating the latest printing techniques and applications."
Employing new features to simplify print and scan job workflows, the updated firmware allows SureColor T-Series users to significantly increase productivity and reduce overall end user interaction via the following improvements:
- Produce 24x33˝ prints up to 31% faster than the previous generation
- Deliver up to 75% faster glossy prints with a new production print mode
- Dual-roll models offer a 20% speed improvement when switching between rolls
- New auto-roll selection is now available in Microsoft Windows driver
Scanning and Copying Productivity:
- Faster 200 dpi grayscale scanning at up to 13˝ per second
- Longest scanning capability available in its class — up to 30m for black-and-white scans
- Produce full-bleed borderless copies
- Increased productivity and less user interaction when scanning multiple jobs
Postscript Engine/HDD Productivity:
- Eliminates delay between postscript jobs
- Driverless submission of jobs via the embedded web utility
- Preflight previews of PostScript jobs
- Thumbnail views of stored jobs on the hard drive enhance the workflow
- Secure DoD 5220.22 M standard for HDD sanitation — ideal for the customers within enterprise, government and corporate office settings
About the SureColor T-Series
The SureColor T-Series is comprised of five printer models, offering varying performance and feature sets to accommodate a range of printing needs:
Utilizing Epson's UltraChrome XD ink — which delivers sharp color and crisp lines on practically any media type and varied ink capacities to maximize efficiency — users can achieve truly archival and water-resistant output at an affordable cost. The SureColor T-Series printers are designed to be used exclusively with these specially-formulated inks, and not with other brands of cartridges or inks(2). In addition, multiple optional features are available for the new SureColor T-Series, including a Multifunction MFP Scanner upgrade for the 36˝ and 44˝ single and dual-roll models, 320 GB internal print server upgrade and True Adobe Postscript 3 Hardware Engine.
The updated firmware is now available for download at www.epson.com/support/tseries and can be installed by end-users of the SureColor Tx270 Series Printers.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson, the Epson Group comprises nearly 72,000 employees in 93 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America.
(1) All print speeds shown are based on bi-directional print engine speed only. Total throughput times depend upon such factors as front-end RIP, file size, printer resolution, ink coverage, and networking, etc.
(2) Each printer is designed to use only EPSON ink cartridges and not other brands of new or refilled cartridges, or other brands of ink or bulk ink systems. Using EPSON cartridges is important for reliable performance and high image quality. Epson offers voluntary recycling of spent ink cartridges.