Epson Launches Next-Generation SureColor T-Series Large-Format Color Printers
SAN DIEGO—July 16, 2014—Epson has introduced its next-generation family of large-format color printers—the Epson SureColor T3270, T5270, T7270, T5270D, and T7270D. Available in both single- and now dual-roll models, the SureColor T-Series features the Epson PrecisionCore TFP print head and Epson UltraChrome XD pigment ink to provide technical, corporate and marketing professionals an unprecedented combination of precision, performance and brilliance.
“The next-generation of SureColor T-Series printers were designed based on direct feedback from customers who demand cost-effective, versatile and scalable printing solutions,” said Timothy Check, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America “The new SureColor T-Series printers not only meet the specific requirements of today’s engineering and scientific professionals, they incorporate the latest in printing technology to create accurate large-format prints well-suited for a variety of projects and applications, ranging from CAD drawings and GIS Maps to corporate graphics and retail posters.”
The Epson SureColor T-Series delivers extreme line accuracy with resolutions up to 2,880x1,440 dpi at incredibly fast speeds—producing a presentation quality D-size plot in as little as 25 seconds1. For increased efficiency, the SureColor T-Series single-roll printers utilize a horizontal catch basket for enhanced output stacking, while the dual-roll printers feature a high-capacity catch basket for quick retrieval and reduced sorting time.
In addition, the SureColor T-Series 36" and 44" printer models offer an optional multifunction (MFP) module, enabling PC-free full color scan and copy capabilities—up to 36" wide—at best-in-class speeds for added convenience. In addition, ergonomic design with intuitive copy and scan-to-share capabilities ensures seamless integration to maximize workflow performance.
The SureColor T-Series is comprised of five printer models, offering varying performance and feature sets to accommodate a range of printing needs:
More about the SureColor T-Series
The SureColor T3270, T5270, T7270, T5270D, and T7270D offer a range of value-added features that help lower total cost of ownership and increase productivity, including:
- Three Printer Widths: The SureColor T-Series features maximum print widths of 24, 36, and 44-inches, with minimal floor space requirements to fit virtually anywhere.
- Optional Multifunction MFP: An optional upgrade for 36" and 44" single- and dual-roll T-Series models, the PC-free MFP Scanner leverages Epson's REALOID image processing engine to produce crisp color D-size copies in under 40 seconds, and best-in-class color scan speeds up to 6.0 inches per second—maximizing productivity; available for $4,500*.
- Epson UltraChrome XD Ink: Epson pigmented ink delivers brilliant color and crisp lines on virtually any paper type, as well as truly archival and extremely smudge and water-resistant output; the SureColor T-Series printers are designed to be used exclusively with these specially-formulated inks, and not with other brands of cartridges or inks.
- Varied Ink Capacities: To maximize efficiency and keep printing costs low, each of the five ink colors—Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Photo Black, and Matte Black—are available in 110 ml, 350 ml and high-capacity 700 ml cartridge sizes, which can be used interchangeably to accommodate a range of printing needs; all cartridges are front-loading for easy access.
- Epson PrecisionCoreTFP Print Head: Offers high-performance and consistency for accurate plotting with high-precision line detail and minimum line widths as thin as 0.018 mm, along with variable size ink droplet technology for remarkable photographic print quality.
- Current and Future-Ready Print Language: Epson Precision XD printer language sets a new standard for high-performance, high-resolution printing, compatible with today’s latest applications and workflow software.
- Optional Internal Print Server: An internal 320GB print server boosts workgroup productivity by quickly transferring print jobs to free-up workstations; adds print queue management, as well as print job save and reprint functionality; available for $399.95*.
- Optional True Adobe Postscript 3 Hardware Engine: Fastest in-class postscript engine enables direct and hot-folder batch printing and support for secure PDF printing; includes the optional internal print server hardware; available for $1,199.95*.
- Control Panel: Full color LCD panel with simple button layout provides quick access to printer features and controls, as well as an intuitive help system for most frequent tasks.
- Professional Media Handling: Supports virtually any media type in roll or cut-sheet, from plain bond paper to 1.5 mm thick posterboard, for use with a wide variety of print applications.
Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor T-Series will be available in September 2014 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. The SureColor T-Series printers offer a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson PreferredPlus extended service plans are available to provide coverage for up to two additional years. F
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, based in Long Beach, CA, is Epson’s regional headquarters for the United States, Canada, and Latin America.