Epson Introduces New 64" SureColor S-Series Solvent Inkjet Printers at ISA
LAS VEGAS—April 10, 2015—Poised to elevate the industry standard for solvent printing, Epson America has launched the enhanced SureColor S-Series line of 64" solvent inkjet printers—the SureColor S30675, S50675 and S70675. Equipped with a new Epson PrecisionCore TFP print head and incorporating the latest technological advancements, the new Epson SureColor S-Series printers provide outstanding levels of reliability, durability and image quality to the signage, vehicle graphics, fine art and packaging markets.
"We tackle a variety of daily projects, ranging from photographic prints on canvas, poster board, metal and plastic," said Monica Denosta, president and COO, Picture it on Canvas. "The Epson SureColor S70675 large-format solvent printer allows us to capture every detail of a customer’s photograph and seamlessly create output that conveys the emotion behind it. Epson really has achieved the most photographic solvent printer out there—a high-quality and cost effective solution that has enhanced our business and customer experience."
Designed and manufactured by Epson from the ground up, the SureColor S30675 and 50675 feature Epson UltraChrome GS2 ink with a newly formulated Cyan ink for outstanding durability and performance, while the SureColor S70675 leverages the Epson UltraChrome GSX ink set with newly formulated Cyan and Light Cyan, plus an all-new Orange Plus ink to produce vivid output with an expansive color gamut. The SureColor S50675 also features a new Epson microweave print mode for higher production speeds.
"Epson prides itself on listening to the needs of the market. Our customers know what they want and we applied their feedback to expand the capabilities of the new SureColor S-Series printers," noted Matt McCausland, associate product manager, Epson Professional Imaging. "Leveraging an all new print head and reformulated ink chemistry, the SureColor S-Series accommodates a broad range of indoor and outdoor applications, producing quality output, quickly, with the most expansive color gamut available on the market today."
More About the SureColor S-Series
The 64" SureColor S-Series solvent machines introduce several new reliability, quality and productivity features, including:
- New Epson PrecisionCore TFP Print Head: Offers high-performance and consistency, along with variable size ink droplet technology for remarkable photographic print quality. In addition, new enhancements offer greater resistance to head strikes and a new wave form for improved dot placement and accuracy.
- Epson UltraChrome Solvent Ink Chemistry: UltraChromeGS2 and GSX inks with newly formulated Cyan, Light Cyan, and Orange Plus inks deliver more expansive color gamut than previous SureColor S-Series printers. Individual ink cartridges up to 700 ml enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability. The SureColor S-Series printers are designed exclusively for use with Epson ink cartridges.1
- Roll Loading Media and Take-Up Reel System: Spindle-less design allows for easy loading and unloading of heavy roll media. Efficient take-up reel for unattended production of large print runs supports both wind-in or wind-out; standard heavy roll support in rear for up to 90-pound roll with motorized take-in; optional high-capacity roll support for rolls up to 150 pounds.
- Complete Signage Solution: Along with the SureColor S-Series printer, customers can expect to receive a complete signage solution in the box. All SureColor S-Series printers include substrate supports systems as well as fully functional GamaPrint Pro Rip software from ONYX.
Pricing, Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor S-Series is available now through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. Comprised of three models, the S-Series offers varying performance and feature sets to accommodate a range of solvent printing needs:
The Epson SureColor S-Series offers a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a two-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson Preferred Plus service plans are available that cover both the hardware and software for up to one additional year.
Existing SureColor S70670 customers have the option to upgrade their model to take advantage of firmware updates, productivity features and new Orange Plus ink for expanded color gamut.
(1) Each printer is designed to use only EPSON ink cartridges and not other brands of new or refilled cartridges, or other brands of ink or bulk ink systems. Using EPSON cartridges is important for reliable performance and high image quality. Epson offers voluntary recycling of spent ink cartridges.
(2) All print speeds shown are based on bi-directional print engine speed only. Total throughput times depend upon such factors as front-end RIP, file size, printer resolution, ink coverage and networking, etc.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce and industry. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corp., the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, based in Long Beach, CA, is Epson’s regional headquarters for the United States, Canada, and Latin America.