Epson Introduces Next Generation of SureColor S-Series Solvent Inkjet Printers
LONG BEACH, Calif.—January 19, 2016—Epson has introduced its most advanced SureColor S-Series roll-to-roll solvent printers to date—the 64-inch production S40600, S60600 and S80600. Developed over a four-year period, Epson engineers incorporated the latest imaging technologies—including fourth-generation Epson UltraChrome GS3 solvent ink chemistry, an all-new precision media feeding system and a high performance Dual-Array PrecisionCore TFP print head—to provide unparalleled levels of productivity and image quality, plus improved reliability, to the signage, vehicle graphics and fine art reproduction markets.
"Epson prides itself on listening to the needs of the market. Our customers know what they want and we applied their feedback when developing the new SureColor S-Series line up," commented Matt McCausland, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. "The technology Epson has developed behind these new printers is stunning. As a result, print service providers will have ideal solvent 64-inch roll-to-roll printers available to get the job done right and on time—for any size print shop."
Designed and manufactured by Epson, the SureColor S-Series feature Epson UltraChrome GS3 solvent inks for outstanding print quality, durability and media compatibility, plus improved drying times to drive productivity. The flagship SureColor S80600 also incorporates an all new GS3 Red ink to produce vivid output with an expansive color gamut and outstanding color vibrancy, plus optional White or Silver ink, for best-in-class photographic output quality. When combined with the all new precision media feeding system and high performance Dual-Array PrecisionCore TFP print head, the SureColor S-Series redefines the price-performance equation, producing high-quality, sellable output at impressive production speeds.
More About the SureColor S-Series
The 64-inch SureColor S-Series solvent printers introduce several new features which enhance the productivity, reliability and quality of signage imaging, including:
- Epson UltraChrome GS3 Solvent Ink: Newly formulated fast-drying UltraChrome GS3 Ink delivers outstanding print quality, durability, and superior media compatibility than previous SureColor S-Series printers. The SureColor S80600 also incorporates a new Red solvent ink for an expanded color gamut, plus optional White or Silver ink for best-in-class photographic output quality. Individual 700 ml ink cartridges enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability. The SureColor S-Series printers are designed exclusively for use with Epson ink cartridges.1
- New Epson Dual-Array PrecisionCore TFP Print Head: Offers high performance and consistency, along with variable size ink droplet technology for remarkable photographic print quality. In addition, new hardware enhancements offer greater resistance to head strikes and a new Epson Precision Dot screening technology provides for output with less visible banding, even at the fastest of production print speeds.
- New Precision Media Feeding System: Robust motorized roll-to-roll media handling with Automatic Tension Control technology provides extremely accurate media feed and take-up. Forty individual media rollers with five independent pinch rollers offer superior media skew control, drastically reducing print head strikes. And, an innovative media path optimized for consistent media feed enables true unattended roll-to-roll printing.
- Simple Operation and Maintenance: Automatic media alignment and setup will allow for faster switching between media types. Automatic print head cleaning—including a newly-developed fabric print head wiper system—significantly reducing the need for manual print head maintenance. Air circulation system keeps the print head cleaner for extended performance in high production environments. And, for a complete workflow solution, Epson includes a full copy of ONYX GamaPrint Pro with free profile installation for the most popular signage media types.
Pricing, Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor S40600 and S60600 will be available in the first quarter of 2016, and the SureColor S80600 will be available in April 2016 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. The S-Series offers varying performance and feature sets to accommodate a range of solvent printing needs:
The Epson SureColor S-Series offers a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson Preferred Plus service plans are available that cover both the hardware and software for up to two additional years. For additional information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
1) Each printer is designed to use only EPSON ink cartridges and not other brands of new or refilled cartridges, or other brands of ink or bulk ink systems. Using EPSON cartridges is important for reliable performance and high image quality. Epson offers voluntary recycling of spent ink cartridges.
2) All print speeds shown are based on bi-directional print engine speed only. Total throughput times depend upon such factors as front-end RIP, file size, printer resolution, ink coverage, and networking, etc.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson, the Epson Group comprises nearly 72,000 employees in 93 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, based in Long Beach, California, is Epson's regional headquarters for the United States, Canada and Latin America.
Source: Epson America.