drupa 2012 World Tour: 60 drupa Events in 40 Countries
Cautious optimism is reflected in the printing and paper industry before the start of drupa 2012. Thus, drupa will again be held at exactly the right time. Many innovative developments together with successful business ideas promise the printing industry exciting future perspectives.
Multi-talent printing: More than newspaper & Co
Like no other trade fair, drupa will present the complete global range of products: whether global players or ambitious newcomers, providers from emerging countries or from industrial nations—they will all be represented at drupa 2012. The entire fairground with its 19 halls will be transformed into the largest printing plant of the world. Approximately 1,800 exhibitors from over 50 countries will showcase the versatility and innovation strength of their industry—regardless of whether it is all about newspapers, package printing, commercial or functional printing.
In contrast to the last drupa held in 2008, the suppliers of digital solutions have become even more important and thus clearly reflect the megatrend of digitization. In six halls, drupa 2012 will show everything concerning digital printing, workflow or web-to-print applications, just to name the most important examples. Companies such as Agfa, Canon, Kodak, Epson, Fujifilm, Hewlett-Packard, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Screen and Xerox can be found in halls 4, 5, 8a, 8b, 9 and 10. A positive trend can also be seen in the field of post-production where the exhibitors have noticeably enlarged their presentation (for example Kolbus).
Other important cornerstones of drupa 2012 will be:
- Halls 1 and 2: Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG with its network partners (e.g. Polar-Mohr)
- Hall 3: Printing as well as materials and services (e.g. Leonhard Kurz, Sakurai)
- Hall 6: PrintCity with manroland as well as other exhibitors (e.g. Wohlenberg)
- Halls 10 to 12: Paper processing and packaging supplies production (e.g. Bobst AG, Mitsubishi Paper, Comexi)
- Halls 12 to14: Printing post-production (e.g. Horizon, Müller Martini, CP Bourg)
- Halls 15 to 17: Printing machinery and printing post-production (e.g. Cerrutti, Ferag AG, Goss, Koenig & Bauer AG, Körber PaperLink, Kolbus GmbH & Co. KG, Shanghai Electric, Windmöller & Hölscher KG)
The dynamic development of the Chinese printing market is also reflected by the large number of exhibitors at drupa 2012: with around 118,400 sq.ft., China’s participation has increased by almost 100 percent compared to 2008.