Canon U.S.A. Launches imagePRESS C60 Color Digital Press for Creative Community
MELVILLE, NY—November 5, 2014—Canon U.S.A. announced the availability of the new imagePRESS C60 color digital press, ideal for advertising agencies, graphic design studios, packaging design and architectural firms. Targeting markets in which attention-grabbing print quality is a critical component to operating a successful business, the sophisticated features incorporated in the imagePRESS C60 will help produce the color accuracy, fidelity and consistency design professionals are seeking.
“I’ve worked with Canon for more than a decade. So I know I can trust them to deliver the products and services I need,” said Rocco Russo, IT director at Baron & Baron, one of New York’s top advertising agencies, with a reputation for visionary work for the fashion industry. “With our clients constantly pushing deadlines we need to be able to deliver great work as quickly as possible.”
Building on the success of the imagePRESS C1+ Series in graphic and industrial design applications, the imagePRESS C60 produces high-quality images with 2400x2400 dpi print resolution. At speeds of up to 60 pages/min. in color and black-and-white with a fast start-up and first-print-out-time the press is readily available to help bring visual artists’ ideas to life even faster. The imagePRESS C60 can print at rated speed on uncoated media up to 220 gsm and supports media up to 300 gsm including coated and embossed stock, providing customers with the flexible media options needed to expand their creative abilities.
“We knew when we started using the imagePRESS C1+ that it was exactly what we were looking for—an accurate and reliable digital press. We are excited that Canon has built upon this benchmark technology with the new imagePRESS C60, which will deliver faster speeds, enhanced capabilities and an improved environmental footprint that I trust will deliver the business advantage that our industry demands,” said Russo.
In addition to producing color critical applications such as layout proofs, press proof comps and packaging markups, the imagePRESS C60, combined with optional in-line finishing, efficiently produces style guides, planograms and presentations.
“Canon continues to bring critical print quality, media handling, and running speeds to the creative market with the imagePRESS C60 digital press,” noted Jeff Hayes, president of InfoTrends. “Its features, footprint, and price point make it perfect for everything from proofs to light production at agencies, in-plant marketing departments, and other creative firms.”
Additional enabling creativity features include:
- Gloss Optimization: Canon’s proprietary Gloss Optimization technology evenly tailors the gloss level of the toner image so final output will give the true appearance of the media a customer chooses for his or her creative expression. It is this technology that helps eliminate the “3D” look of toner for output results similar to offset printing.
- Advanced Toner Transfer: Increasing the toner transfer efficiency on smooth as well as uneven media surfaces, the imagePRESS C60 with Advanced Image Transfer Belt offers design professionals excellent media-handling capabilities on a broad range of surfaces such as textured media to help users expand their creative and print capabilities.
- Accurate Registration: The compact registration module helps to achieve accurate image placements for precise front to back registration.
- Real-time Calibration: Automatically monitoring density levels, the real-time calibration ability results in the color consistency and accuracy required to successfully complete a print project.
- Fiery technology-driven imagePRESS Servers: Providing scalable solutions to meet a studio’s need for quality performance, the imagePRESS Server F200 and imagePRESS Server G100 are the first digital front ends on the market based on EFI’s new Fiery FS150 Pro platform. The servers come with advanced imaging features including Fiery Spot-On technology to quickly and easily fine-tune factory installed spot color tables for closer color matching on a specific engine or substrate.
Meeting ENERGY STAR standards, having received an EPEAT Gold rating and being RoHS compliant, the imagePRESS C60 color digital press helps organizations reduce their environmental impact and energy cost.
Offering the print quality, speed and extended support for creative flexibility, the new imagePRESS C60 is an outstanding creative tool for design professionals to help market their creative concepts on the quality level they require. The imagePRESS C60 color digital press is available through Canon authorized dealers and Canon Solutions America at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $55,310 for a typical configuration with imagePRESS Server G100, stack bypass and output tray. The product is expected to ship in the U.S.A. starting mid November 2014.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
About Canon U.S.A.
Canon U.S.A. is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings.
Source: Canon U.S.A.