Barnes & Noble Introduces the NOOK Press Print Service, a Print-on-Demand Service for Authors
NEW YORK—November 12, 2014—NOOK Media, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble Inc., the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, has announced the launch of the NOOK Press print service, an easy-to-use, fast and affordable service that allows self-published authors and aspiring writers and storytellers to print their own customized professional-quality books. The new service, available at www.nookpress.com, is for everyone, from the established self-published author to the first-time book maker who wants to create an affordable, customized, high-quality print book delivered in about a week.
Designed to be simple and customizable, the NOOK Press print service provides customers with a complete do-it-yourself experience for creating a hardcover or paperback book. The new service offers black and white or color printing, high-quality paper choices, multiple trim sizes and cover treatments. Additionally, with NOOK Press Author Services, authors can now choose from a variety of packages and a la carte services to receive professional assistance making their book.
Authors and aspiring writers can use the new print service to create books for personalized gifting and keepsakes, and self-published authors can create promotional, review and personal resale copies.
"With the introduction of the NOOK Press print service, we’re providing authors, creators, crafters and more with a powerful new tool to bring their writing to print," said Theresa Horner, general manager of NOOK Press and vice president of Content Acquisition at NOOK Media. "It is very exciting to have the NOOK Press platform supporting authors in multiple formats."
Doug Carlson, executive vice president of Digital Content and chief marketing officer at NOOK Media, noted: "NOOK Press is proud to add print books to its portfolio of services. As the world of self-publishing grows, NOOK Press will continue to expand its easy-to-use content creation services in support of all authors, writers and creators. The NOOK Press team has created another outstanding experience for authors to showcase their content."
NOOK Press Print Service Brings Authors’ Books to Life
The NOOK Press Print service streamlines the book printing experience, providing professional-grade resources for self-publishing authors, creators, crafters and more with the tools and resources to create a high-quality print book, including:
- Fine Printing, Fast: Customers can order today and get a professional-quality hardcover or paperback delivered to their doorstep in about a week.
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Templates, tips, and other resources guide users at every step of their printing project.
- Customizable Book Selections: The service offers many ways to tailor the print book offering: several formats, including hardcover with dust jacket, hardcover with printed case and paperback; multiple trim sizes from 5x8" to 8x10"; premium color or black and white printing; white or cream paper; multiple shipping options
- Easy & Accessible: With no order minimums, this intuitive platform distills print book-making into an easy process that anyone can do well—even their first time.
- Competitive Pricing: Combined printing, shipping and handling costs are easy to understand and affordable. Both the professional printer and the customer looking for personal printing will find a price that fits their budget.
- Additional Assistance: Customers can hire editorial and creative professionals with NOOK Press Author Services.
Customers can visit www.nookpress.com and click on "Get Started" to begin making a book. Customers can also access a free formatting guide to help them create the perfect print version of their content. Authors can also still access all of the tools they love on the NOOK Press self-publishing platform, which provides a fast, easy and free way to write, edit, collaborate and publish the highest quality eBooks and directly distribute them to millions of avid readers.
About Barnes & Noble Inc.
Barnes & Noble Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 658 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com. Its NOOK Media subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store, while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC operates 705 bookstores serving over five million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
About NOOK Media
NOOK reading and entertainment products make it easy to Read What You Love, Anywhere You Like with a fun, easy-to-use and immersive digital reading experience. With NOOK, customers gain access to the expansive NOOK Store of more than 3 million digital books in the US and UK, plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through free NOOK Reading Apps.
Source: Barnes & Noble.