Back to the Basics - Short Attention Span Sales Tip
As evidenced by the fact that you now see me wearing the same shirt for the last four or five sales tips, you know that I typically film them in batches. As I am sitting here on a Saturday afternoon and trying to come up with some topics, it occurred to me that I should return to the basics every once in a while.
Today is that day.
If you are not happy with your sales or if you are not happy with the sales of your reps, you should look to one of four areas:
- Are you making a high-value, well researched sales call?
- Are you calling on the right kinds of companies?
- Do you have a step-by-step prospecting process?
- Are you applying that process with diligence and pleasant persistency?
In the video version of the sales tip, I’m going to go into more detail regarding each one of these four sales fundamentals. Hopefully, you can find a way to watch. You can also go on to my YouTube channel and watch the five-minute video I created out of a keynote speech I gave a couple years ago on this exact subject. But for those of you who read these tips, here’s the Reader’s Digest:
First, don’t “sell print.” Do research on the company to understand what their business needs are and then sell to those needs.
Second, you want to call on not just good leads but understand the personality type(s) that make up your target market.
Third, it doesn’t matter what the steps are, but you absolutely must have a step-by-step, week-by-week prospecting process.
And finally, make certain that you are making a minimum of seven quality sales calls a day, no matter what.
Here’s the only guarantee that I will give you:
If you make a high-value call to the right target market applying a prospecting process with diligence, you will succeed 100% of the time.
If you are not happy with your sales or if you are not happy with the sales of your sales reps, the source of your unhappiness lies within these four key fundamentals.
What’s YOUR sales challenge?
- No prospecting process, don’t know whom to call on or what to say? Solution: Take the Sales Challenge!
- Do you know what you should be doing but not doing enough of it? Solution: The 90 Day Sales Blitz
- Not calling on the right kinds of companies? Solution: The Lead-Gen/Vertical Market Research Program
- I have no idea! Can we talk? Absolutely: meetme.so/billfarquharson
- Other questions? Bill Farquharson: (781) 934-7036 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit BillFarquharson.com