Are You a Winner or a Whiner?
In this post, we are going to look at things in a new way. After all perception IS reality right? Well, usually this is true; however, not always as there is no shortcut for hard work.
So, to help make my point I have borrowed a few lines from some country music talent. The song is “The Only Way I Know.” Yes, I am from Georgia. You got me. Three of my favorite country singers (Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Eric Church) recently collaborated on this song. They tell a story in this song. I think they are teaching us about the difference in being winners not whiners. These words embody the characteristics that winners have. Winners don’t always “win” but always show strong character in how hard they try along the way.
Here are a few key direct quotes from the song.
- “Don’t quit till the job gets done”
- “You get tired, you don’t show it”
- “You don’t get nothing that you don’t earn”
- “Dig a little deeper when you think you can’t dig no more”
So, think about these points:
1) You can never quit until the job gets done. This means you must give everything you do your VERY best…day after day. 2) If you get tired, push through it. We all can stretch and go further than we think possible. So keep pushing forward. 3) Nothing comes free. This means there is no shortcut for dedication, drive and passion. 4) Dig a little deeper…this means we can all do more than we think possible and there is a solution behind every problem. Also, if you want it bad enough you will find a way and if you don’t you find an excuse.
Please reflect on this and determine whether you are a “whiner” who makes excuses, tells others why things won’t work, gives less than their best and find problems with everything—or a “winner” as described in these lyrics who finds a way no matter how challenging the circumstances. In business, and in life—winners always have a place!