Adding the How to Your Sales Goals
Strategy is only a synonym for the word “how.” As in “how” will I get from last year’s lousy, “I almost lost my job,” performance to this year’s “I have doubled my commission income and the boss loves me” superior performance.
Here are some possible strategies for attaining your sales objective(s):
- I will create a database of information about 40 qualified buyers.
- I will create a contact plan for each of those 40 prospects, including phone calls, personal calls, letters, e-mails.
- I will schedule and conduct three workshops/cocktail parties at our plant to demonstrate one or more of our competencies.
- I will invite each of the 40 prospects to at least one lunch or dinner during the year.
- I will arrange to mail each of the prospects a sample of at least three of our complex, unusual and unique jobs during the year.
I’m sure you will author strategies that are much more creative than the ideas I have presented above.
OK, you have written out your objectives and now I want you to write strategies to attain those objectives.
And, as always, I want you to get out there and sell something!
A Year of Selling Profitably
By Harris M. DeWese with Jerry Bray
Employ techniques and tools that turn weekly sales meetings into energetic learning experiences, resulting in a more enthusiastic, more motivated, and more effective sales force. Understand how these techniques and tools required to build successful marketing, sales and, ultimately, profits, will help you achieve “A Year of Selling Profitably.” Click to order a copy.
Harris DeWese is the author of "Now Get Out There and Sell Something." He is chairman/CEO at Compass Capital Partners and an author of the annual "Compass Report," the definitive source of info regarding printing industry M&A activity. DeWese has completed 100-plus printing company transactions and is viewed as the preeminent deal maker in the industry. He specializes in investment banking, M&A, sales, marketing and management services to printers.