Create Engaging Website Content – Part II
Last week, FEI marketing guru Marka taught the tribe how to create content that will keep people reading and returning to FEI’s website. This week, she continues educating the tribe on creating excellent content for the Web. Remember, fire = print.
After a hearty lunch at Gyro’s of Olympus, the FEI tribe groggily settled into their chairs at the conference room table.
Marka stood in front of her coworkers, perky as ever. She’d eaten only a small Greek salad to ensure she stayed sharp for the important afternoon meeting.
“Flowery graphics and big logos may capture the attention of our O-site visitors,” Marka began, “but creative and useful content will keep them around—and drive them toward clicking that ‘Buy Fire!’ button.”
“Agreed.” Zoot said, drinking an extra-large grogaccino to combat his afternoon drowsiness. “You promised us another actionable tip for creating superb Web content.”
“And here it is.” Marka approached the whiteboard and began scribbling.
Tip #3 - For compelling O-site content, incorporate multimedia.
“By regularly creating and posting videos, presentations and other multimedia content chock full of compelling, useful information,” Marka explained, “we can help our O-site stand out from the clutter. Here are just a few multimedia vehicles we can use to deliver content to O-site viewers on a regular basis.” [Marka scribbled on the whiteboard.]
- Product overviews or demonstrations
- “Tip-of-the-week”-style video
- Informative webinars
- Case studies
- Company history
- Company news: an equipment upgrade, a new product announcement, an award or employee honor, etc.
- Executive (or other employee) introductions and bios
• Slideshow presentations
- “Intro to our company” presentation
- Solutions/capabilities list
- Observation/analysis of industry trends in key FEI markets (e.g. “State of the Restaurant Industry – By the Numbers.”)
- Discussion/analysis of industry trends in key FEI markets.
- Interview with prominent client, or notable fire industry expert.
- Informal discussions on fire-related topic by FEI industry ambassadors, focused on usable information for customers (e.g. Marka and Zoot “Discuss 10 Ways Winemakers Can Use Fire.”)
“Variety is the spice of O-site content,” Marka continued. “If we keep our site jam-packed with informative videos, charts, presentations and more, even visitors with short attention spans will have plenty of reasons to stick around.”