Attn: Bindroids—I Need Your Feedback!
A very respected print industry specialist friend of mine, Bill Lamparter, once referred to finishing workers as "bindroids." I took this to be a term of fondness for the craft. I'm usually trying to inform everyone about trends or technology in finishing. But today, I would like to hear from YOU. Tell me (in a short e-mail) what your thoughts and concerns are in your finishing operation. Here are some ideas:
- How has the bindery working environment changed in your working career?
- What do you need in a bindery operator, and can you find the people you want today?
- What has been the impact of digital print on your finishing operation? What changes have you had to make in equipment or workflow?
- What are your thoughts on the new generation of finishing systems? Are they meeting your needs?
- What features in bindery equipment do you need?
- How do you feel about the future of finishing?
E-mail me at email@example.com and I'll try to summarize your thoughts and concerns for my follow-up column next week! I'm looking forward to those e-mails!