2011: The Year in Review
- We were named to the “Global Services 100” list for the second year in a row. It is significant that we are the only BPO provider who is 100% dedicated to transforming advertising and marketing production on the list—none of our major competitors were featured.
- We gained new clients in all of our business segments, including several reputed and large companies
- Our team has and will continue to grow. In 2011, we recruited several hundred people in Pune and Manila while keeping attrition well within BPO industry benchmarks. We now have 900 employees over all our offices.
- Affinity Express completed our re-location in India to an SEZ campus and qualified for tax-free zone exemption status.
- We expanded on our interactive services, building our teams in video, website, editorial, iPad ads, HTML emails, website copywriting, and ad operations.
From a financial perspective, we showed impressive progress.
- Sales grew by double digits compared to 2010, as did gross profits.
- Sales outstanding went from 36 days down to 33 days, helping us to improve our cash flow.
These accomplishments show that we laid the groundwork for an outstanding 2012. Our news publishing clients are under pressure to transform in a digital world. They have the opportunity to provide digital services to their local small and medium size business (SMB) advertisers as a growing source of profitable revenue. Our current strategy is to focus on this interactive opportunity with newspapers, which maximizes return on our current resources. We are also focused on diversifying to serve non-newspaper enterprises—corporations which have higher-end, more complex and customized interactive service needs that require different skill sets and marketing approaches. In my opinion, the foundation of our company's success is that we address the most important needs of clients by creating opportunities for them to increase revenues. We transform advertising and marketing production operations and learned that sales and revenue are more important to clients today than straight cost savings. According to Ed Nair of Global Services, “the global services industry has gone clearly beyond the paradigm of “more work at lesser cost’. Companies are routinely seeking business outcomes and, in some cases, new forms of business value.” Affinity Express is uniquely poised to deliver upon this promise and continue to be the leader in our category. There is no doubt we have come a long way, should celebrate our achievements and can look forward to even more impressive accomplishments in 2012 and the years ahead.