xpedx and Ryobi to Spotlight New Print Technology
CHICAGO--October 14, 2008--xpedx and Ryobi will demonstrate and discuss new print technology and custom services for print professionals at Graph Expo 2008 in Chicago. Visitors will see new prepress, pressroom and post-press equipment in a live print production environment.
A 10-color Ryobi press with perfector will make its North American premiere at the show, held Oct. 26-29 at Chicago's McCormick Place. xpedx, booth 654, will also demonstrate the major expansion of its post-press/bindery-fulfillment equipment offering.
The company will spotlight the new xpedx Technology Center in Cincinnati. Opening in January 2009, the new center will offer pre-press, press and post-press equipment from multiple OEMs. Printers will be able to test a wide array of equipment for offset and digital printing to determine the technologies that best meet their business and operating needs.
xpedx will also present details on:
· environmentally responsible products and processes as well as printer certification;
· workflow, wide-format printers and proofers, web-to-print and VDP solutions;
· printing papers and all pressroom consumables;
· new offline UV coaters, folders, creasers, cutters and booklet makers;
· mailroom management and packaging equipment;
· supply chain, kitting and fulfillment programs;
· customized financing for printers' consumable and equipment purchases;
· its network of more than 150 specialized paper and graphics retail stores for printers; and
· new developments in online purchasing and account management
"In the past several years, xpedx has worked hard to become a preferred supplier for printing company owners and managers," said Dennis Killion, newly appointed corporate director of marketing for graphics at xpedx. "We provide the products, services, expertise and ongoing support they need, but also take a long-term approach to helping printers and graphics professionals improve their operations and profitably grow their business."
xpedx is the largest distributor of equipment, software and supplies for commercial and in-plant printers across North America. It is the exclusive U.S. distributor and marketer of Ryobi presses and the only U.S. distributor that provides the full spectrum of products and services for any printing operation--from a wide choice of manufacturers.
Ryobi's new 7510 press, a 23"x31", six-up, 10-color, UV-capable long perfector, will be demonstrated. "The combination of consistent print quality and world-class technology is the key advantage," says John Torrey, vice president and general manager of xpedx Printing Technologies. He noted that Ryobi's six-up presses are one-and-a-half times more productive than competitors' four-up presses.