Xerox Streamlines Paths to Productivity and Profit with Enhanced Digital/Offset Workflows; Highlights Applications
ROCHESTER, NY—May 21, 2008—Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) today announced advances in the integration of Xerox FreeFlow Digital Workflow Collection software with two leading offset workflow systems, Prinect, the Print Shop Workflow from Heidelberg and Fujifilm Workflow XMF. These integrations enable print providers to leverage their existing offset workflow to serve as a single, familiar point of control for both digital and computer-to-plate offset print work.
Both systems are based on industry-standard PDF print files and JDF (Job Definition Format) platform-independent job tickets, which provide instructions for producing jobs. The longstanding integration of Xerox FreeFlow with Prinect from Heidelberg has been enhanced to enable two-way communications of real-time job status and accounting information via the JMF (Job Messaging Format) standard. The Fujifilm Workflow XMF integration is newly validated by Xerox and Fujifilm engineers to provide a seamless workflow for both digital and offset printing.
The systems will be showcased in the Xerox stand at drupa in Düsseldorf, Germany. For print providers, these integrations deliver numerous benefits, including:
• Boosting productivity by enabling existing workflows to control a wider range of output devices from a single point of control.
• Increasing profitability by easily creating digital printing applications, such as personalized marketing pieces, using a familiar workflow process that requires minimal training.
• Proving more services in a “one-stop shop” where customers can use the same PDF files for both digital and offset production.
• Building stronger relationships with customers through highly automated Web-to-Print systems.
• Presenting new possibilities for greener practices with automated digital print-on-demand processes.
These integrated workflows also enable hybrid offset and digital applications with accurate color matching and image quality, facilitating digital print as a complement to offset. The FreeFlow Collection’s open architecture is the key to supporting a wide variety of customer environments.
Prinect from Heidelberg – Xerox FreeFlow Integration