W+D Announces 'Game-Changing' Finishing and Inserting Technology for the Direct Mail Inkjet Printing Market
As the world-wide leader in envelope converting and mailing inserting system solutions Winkler+Dünnebier again introduces another industry first with the new W+D BB1000. The BB1000 is a complete direct mail production finishing + inserting system for inkjet print. The single converting and inserting workflow speeds up the mailer time-to-mailbox while reducing production touch points for a completely personalized direct mail envelope letter package.
The BB1000 process workflow begins with the new ease-of-use envelope converting technology of the W+D Easy Enveloper to create engaging, haptic, windowed, foiled envelopes and also some specialty shape cut USPS TED-C shapes from digital preprint. The BB1000 produces real envelope mail packages - NOT A WRAP. As the preprinted web is being converted in the enveloping section of the BB1000, it then securely “envelopes-on-the-fly” the inside content material using inserting technologies from the W+D BB700 and W+D BB820 direct mail inserter designs. These W+D inserters are renowned for size and product range flexibility, inserting intelligence and high-net production outputs. The completed envelope package from the BB1000 is a mail piece ready for induction directly into the USPS mail stream.
The two-step modular workflow of first preprinting 1:1 envelope outers and inside content into rolls. Then real envelope finishing + inserting with the W+D BB1000 allows maximum production flexibility and the industry’s fastest time to market total system solution for a powerful 1:1 matched envelope letter package. Now you can also have both the front and backside of the envelope personalized as well as other haptic finishing in a single pass workflow. Additionally, some of these haptic finishes qualify for the 4% postage discount under the 2022 USPS mailing discount promotional program.
This new game-changing finishing solution for preprinted rolls has been designed for a wide range of product enhancements and flexibility delivering high-performance and ease of use in both converting and inserting to unleash the highest quality completed personalized direct mail package.
- The BB1000 is available in two versions: a 6½ x 11½” version rated at up to 20,000 per/hour and a 9 x 12” multi format capable version rated at up to 16, 000 per/hour. Both versions will run smaller sizes down to a #9 and even to a true A7 (5-1/4 x 7-1/4) with 2-3/8” flap and 1” throat.
- Can run envelopes with single or multiple windows or closed face.
- Window patcher can also be used for foil enhancement of the envelope.
- Can also be used to manufacture ONLY unfilled envelopes which then can be sealed in a
secondary inserting process.
- Can produce a variety of hard to insert sizes: a true A7 (5-1/4” x 7-1/4”) with a 2-3/8” square flap and 1” throat with 5 x 7 card; 6 x 9 booklet with a #9 BRE or 8-7/8” CRE.
- Offers additional paper saving with very tight 3/16” insert clearance tolerance.
- Can do micro commingling by zip code for each envelope.
- 3 personalization configuration options: gathering section only, cut-sheet channel, or roll inputs.
- Upper elevated track can be added for personalization of reply envelopes or premiums.
- 6-station or 8-station feeder base that is upgradeable up to 24 feeders based on model.
- Wide range of quick-change feeder types.
- Envelope format: Minimum #9, A6, A7 - Maximum 6.5”x11.5” - Can also be configured to handle 9”x 12” flats.
Andrew Schipke, W+D North America Vice President Marketing and Strategic Sales, cites that “The power of the envelope is real in the world of direct mail. Marketers are looking for new ways to leverage data and be able to deliver secure and complete personalized messaging. No longer is high print quality 1:1 direct mail only relegated to a postcard or a self-mailer. W+D now takes the proven effectiveness and superior marketing performance of a real envelope mail package to a new level. Now data driven 1:1 personalization on both sides of the envelope and haptic enhanced envelopes to engage recipients as soon as they touch the physical mail piece will increase the all-important customer experience mail moment. The BB1000 is complete envelope finishing + inserting solution for any commercial printer with an inkjet press that is looking to leverage their printer assets and now compete in this growing direct mail segment. “
Click here to see a short preview video of the revolutionary BB1000 process for preprint inkjet.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Printing Impressions.