Success at Ipex 2010 For Xmpie; Customers and Products Receive Industry Awards
NEW YORK—June 14, 2010—XMPie is celebrating! Ipex 2010—this year’s largest event for print, publishing and media—was a huge success, with tremendous stand traffic, significant interest in the company’s uPrint Mobile technology among other unique applications, and awards for both the company and its customers.
Show attendees flocked to the XMPie stand to experience the XMPie Advantage, an exclusive, one-to-one showcase that featured movies, theatre presentations, interactive applications, new technologies and demonstrations of XMPie’s latest variable data print (VDP), cross-media and Web-to-print solutions. The roaming uPrint Mobile technology demonstration showcased an iPhone App that integrated with XMPie’s PersonalEffect uProduce server, allowing attendees to create and print personalized greeting cards, right in the stand. It literally provided “personalization at your fingertips.”
XMPie and a number of its customers were also recognized with awards at Ipex. The European Digital Press Association acknowledged PersonalEffect e-Media, XMPie’s email and Web solution, with an EDP Award as the Best Variable Data/Versioning Product of 2010, while the Xerox Premier Partners Global Network honored five XMPie users as part of its Best-of-the-Best Contest.
The European Digital Press Association grants EDP Awards to the best products of the year introduced to the European market to acknowledge the value of the research and development tasks provided to the industry. XMPie PersonalEffect e-Media was celebrated as one of the most complete solutions for the creation of variable data with picture effects, as well as for variable data in Web marketing, e-mail marketing and cross-media. It was also acknowledged for being completely scalable and feature-rich, offering the user a unique product to manage variable data in the most effective way.
Xerox Best-of-the-Best contest honored digital printing applications and submissions judged on image quality, business results and the use of Xerox technology in the following categories: Books and Manuals, Collateral, Digital and Offset, Direct Marketing, Photo Publishing, and TransPromo. XMPie recipients include:
• Lateral Group, located in London, was selected as a winner in the Digital and Offset category, as well as Best Overall Solution, for its obesity awareness campaign that generated 200 percent more registrations than expected. Based on a diet and exercise questionnaire, the company created a personalized action plan, activity calendar with stickers and a customized handbook. Direct mail pieces, which included more than four million variable-data points, were printed on a Xerox iGen3 110 Digital Production Press using XMPie software.
• Progressive Communications was selected as a Direct Marketing winner, as well as a Best Overall Solution winner, for its variable data self-promotional campaign which was printed on a Xerox iGen4 Digital Press with a Xerox FreeFlow Print Server. This highly customized 1:1 direct marketing campaign consisted of a mailer, initial e-mail, personalized URL, confirmation e-mail and fulfilment calendar. Progressive Communications, which is based in Florida has enjoyed a nearly 17 percent response rate and 11.5 percent registration rate, yielding a 68.49 percent conversion rate.
• MBA Group Ltd. was selected as a winner in the Books and Manuals category for creating the world’s first 100 percent variable publication that integrated personalized content on selected pages throughout the magazine, generating 256 percent more leads for advertisers. The London-based company produced the magazine, with a circulation of 12,000, on a Xerox 980 Color Continuous Feed Printing System using XMPie software.
• De Budelse b.v. was selected as a winner in the Collateral category for their personalized World Cup calendar, which soccer supporters could use to follow their team’s progress and track scores as teams advanced. Printed using a Xerox iGen4 Digital Press with Xerox FreeFlow Print Server, the Netherlands-based company used XMPie to incorporate each purchaser’s logo and company name within the design of the calendar.
• Keiger Direct, of Winston-Salem, N.C., was selected as a Direct Marketing winner for their cross-media campaign to encourage golfers to enroll in the Pinehurst Golf Academy School. With the help of XMPie, Keiger Direct took 672 possible variations generated by a self-assessment survey and programmed them as variable fields on a printed brochure. The brochure, which was printed on a Xerox iGen4 Digital Press drove an 11.3 percent response rate and 50 more attendees in Pinhurst’s spring golf school.
“We are incredibly honored to be recognized by the European Digital Press Association, and very proud to see our customers recognized for creating some of the best work in the industry,” said Karin Stroh, vice president of marketing, XMPie. “To see the accomplishments of our customers, enabled by their innovation and the use of our software inspires us to continue developing the most cutting-edge solutions on the market, helping them achieve even greater success.”
To learn more about XMPie’s entire line of solutions for variable data, cross-media and Web-to-print, please visit www.xmpie.com.
XMPie, a business-unit of Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX), is the leading provider of software for cross-media, variable data one-to-one marketing. Its solutions help businesses create and manage highly-effective cross-media campaigns, leveraging their market and customer information to achieve dramatic returns on their marketing investments. XMPie software solutions are available in two award-winning compatible product lines: uDirect® for desktop, print-only solutions, and PersonalEffect® for server-based cross-media publishing, campaign management and more. Add-on modules for specific solutions are available, including the award-winning uImage® for image and graphics personalization; uStore®, a Web-to-print platform; uChart™ for dynamic charts and graphs; uEdit™ for Web-based document editing; and uProduce™ Marketing Console for analysis and management of one-to-one campaigns. XMPie is headquartered in New York with an R&D center in Israel and sales, support and professional services operations in the U.S., Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.xmpie.com.