Graph Expo 2010: Sheetfed/Web Litho Printing - Diagnosis: ‘Iron’ Deficiency
In addition, Dartmouth Printing, Hanover, NH, ordered a nine-unit, two-web Sunday 2000, and St. Louis Park, MN-based Japs-Olson acquired an eight-unit Sunday 2000 equipped with Autoplate and Automatic Transfer technologies.
Nothing Without Ink
A sampling of other lithographic pressroom products highlighted:
• Sun Chemical featured its new spot color ink dispenser program, which can decrease a commercial printer's overall ink spend by up to 35 percent when blending the inks in-house and up to 46 percent if blended inks are purchased. A GFI dispensing unit is provided at no cost as long as printers purchase a minimum annual amount of Sun Chemical conventional commercial sheetfed bases and inks.
• Van Son Holland Ink showcased its Quickson Premium ink, a new solvent-free ink formulated to deliver high performance, dot retention and color vibrancy on all sheetfed presses.
• INX International Ink offered several environmentally friendly inks, including energy curable, UV LED and green products.
• Fiberweb promoted its pre- saturated, low-VOC, Elixir Automatic Blanket Cleaning (ABC) rolls that work with most blanket cleaning systems.
• NELA highlighted its fully automated, On-Press Register Control (OPRC) solution that provides color register and cutoff control.
• Essex Products featured its KeyColor automated ink-key setting, ColorSpec color measurement and ColorInspec defect detection systems. PI