RISI Database Offers Tracking of Worldwide Pulp and Paper Mills and Projects
ATLANTA—April 4, 2012—RISI, the leading information provider for the global forest products industry, has released its new Mill Asset Database. The database combines new pulp and paper mill data with information previously available from five separate RISI services:
- the Lockwood-Post Online Directory of Pulp & Paper Mills,
- the Global Mill Projects Database,
- the Mill Investment History Database,
- Pulp & Paper Company Profiles, and
- elements from its cost benchmarking service, Analytical Cornerstone 4.0.
“Over the last two years, my team and I have been working—in partnership with clients and colleagues in the pulp and paper industry—to develop a tool that provides accurate and relevant information on pulp and paper mills around the world,” said Surya P. Raina, vice president of Mill Intelligence at RISI. “These aggregated data along with intuitive, new tools will make it easy for our clients to search, analyze, customize and download information about pulp and paper mills.”
The Mill Asset Database allows users to create custom reports on 3,800 mills and 13,000 mill projects worldwide. Some of the features available include the following:
- Search and filter results by grade, region, capacity, equipment, input consumption, investments, status, developer, investment cost and over 100 other filtering options.
- Download data to excel, word and other applications.
- Map mills within search results using Google mapping technology.
- View mill process flow sheets that provide a birds-eye view of mill operations.
- Generate consumption reports by mill, for furnish and energy.
RISI employs a global team of news editors, economists, analysts and process engineers who collect and update mill data from the regions in which they are based. This information is fed into the Mill Asset Database as it becomes available. Analysts and engineers also conduct quarterly audits of mills in the database with information collected from site visits and surveys.
For more information about the Mill Asset Database, please visit www.risi.com/milldata.
Owned by UBM plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue, nonwovens, printing and publishing industries to help them make better decisions. Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
UBM plc is a leading global company. We inform markets and bring the world’s buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.