Ricoh Enhances InfoPrint Manager with Linux Support
MALVERN, PA—March 31, 2014—Ricoh today announced enhancements to its InfoPrint Manager enterprise output management (EOM) solution, which enables employees in enterprises of all sizes to centrally manage printed output, simplifying the entire output environment, improving information delivery, reducing risk and removing unnecessary costs. In addition to AIX and Windows, InfoPrint Manager now supports Linux, giving organizations the ability to shift between these environments, ultimately generating increased performance. These enhancements allow enterprises to vastly improve the efficiency of their operation by streamlining everyday print tasks while increasing security and control of the overall print process.
Enterprises today seek robust tools that help employees manage and report on printed output. InfoPrint Manager’s easy-to-use design provides a central hub for print administrators to control their entire output environment, allowing for cost savings related to print server consolidation and IT infrastructure simplification, while also supporting applications like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM), in addition to mainframe and legacy print.
“With many of today’s businesses operating distributed multi-vendor IT environments, solutions that can centralize and manage output information can be the difference between efficiency and control or chaos and disorder,” said Chris Reid, vice president, software and services. “These enhancements to InfoPrint Manager provide companies with simple yet powerful tools to help address enterprise output management issues. Enterprise employees can now leverage Ricoh technology to improve their print processes, get more done in the same amount of time, improve customer service, support business-critical operations and ultimately save money.”
With the latest InfoPrint Manager updates, print and enterprise application administrators can:
- Work faster: InfoPrint Manager can deliver up to 50 percent faster server response times than previous versions; and keep systems clean during updates and move with an official uninstall process for InfoPrint Manager for AIX.
- Streamline: Combine e-mail and fax support. Fax jobs can be printed or sent to an e-mail destination where they can be converted to PDF and sent as e-mails; and simplify naming and file retrieval by using up to 64 characters (instead of the previous limit of eight) for actual and logical destination names.
- Add more flexibility: Convert Advanced Function Presentation (AFP) documents to PDF format for easy viewing, archiving e-mailing or printing; and expand the types of barcodes you can use with Point Services Facility (PSF) and the Printer Control Language (PCL) Secondary.
- Elevate managed print services to Enterprise Output Manager (EOM) level via: Consolidation of all Windows print servers, increased availability of the office print management solution, automated processing, formatting and routing, and use of one job management tool for all output devices.
- Enhance security and savings in distributed environments: Utilize the Optional Pull Print Feature to allow employees to securely print critical information by authenticating themselves when they submit a job and re-authenticating when they pick it up.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group, operates in more than 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2012, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,903 billion yen (approx. 23 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.