Record Numbers Attend Chicagoland Printers Scholarship Golf Outing
TINLEY PARK, Ill. - August 3, 2018 - An overflow crowd gathered to play in the sixth annual Chicagoland Printers Scholarship Golf Outing on Wednesday, July 18, 2018, at White Pines Golf Club in Bensenville, Ill. The golfers showed up in record number to support the efforts of the three co-hosting organizations, the Graphic Communications Guild, the Great Lakes Graphics Association and the Calumet Ben Franklin Club, to provide scholarships for future printing industry professionals.
The proceeds from this golf outing support scholarships for deserving students who are seeking higher education in the graphic communications field. Since the inaugural golf outing in 2013, the participating organizations have funded more than 60 scholarships totaling more than $100,000.
Not only was the main course sold out a month before the outing, the demand for golfing was so great that more foursomes were added on a second course. Including dinner-only guests and volunteer workers, almost 200 members of the Illinois printing industry participated in this year’s event.
The course was in pristine condition, the weather was perfect, and the contests proved to be challenging. Players enjoyed the opportunity to network and have a good time while supporting a great cause.
Once the afternoon’s contests were over, participants gathered for a chuck-wagon dinner, prizes and raffles. The grand prize of a gas smoker and hand-crafted cutting board was won by Cory Shaw of Federal Envelope.
- Closest to the Pin, Women: Christine Calhoun of Printers Repair Parts
- Closest to the Pin, Men: Peter Schoellhorn of Hohner Stitching
- Longest Putt, Women: Izzy Jordan of the Eagle Printing Alumni Group
- Longest Putt, Men: Matt Pusatera of Royal Envelope
- Straightest Drive, Women: Christine Calhoun of Printers Repair Parts
- Straightest Drive, Men: Jim Knobla of Specialty Print Communications
- Longest Drive, Women: Christine Calhoun of Printers Repair Parts
- Longest Drive, Men: Ted Cnota, Jr., of Quantum Group
- Putting Contest: Eric Chung of Canon Solutions America
- Lowest Gross: Otto Voettiner of Graphic Innovators
Steve and Kevin Richards of Richards Graphic Communications in Bellwood, IL, co-chaired this year’s event with the assistance of committee members from each participating organization. The committee thanks each sponsor, golfer and dinner-only guest for their continued support to advance education for Illinois graphics communications students.
- Canon Solutions America
- Case Paper
- Central Ink
- Class Printing
- CopySet Printing
- COTG – A Xerox Company
- Federal Envelope
- Frank Rosienski and Sheila Miehle
- Graphco - RYOBI MHI
- Graphic Arts Equipment Co.
- Graphic Innovators
- Harper College
- Hohner Stitching
- Integrated Print and Graphics
- ITU AbsorbTech
- Konica Minolta
- Marcells Paper and Metal
- Park Ridge Community Bank
- Platinum Converting
- RBP Chemical Technology
- Richards Graphic Communications
- Royal Envelope
- Schiele Group
- Sunrise Printing
- Toyo Ink
Next year’s outing is set for Wednesday, July 17, 2019, at White Pines, Bensenville, Ill.
For more information about the scholarship program, please visit http://glga.info/illinois-graphic-communications-scholarship-program/.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Printing Impressions.