Provost Academy Personalized Enrollment Campaign - PODi Case Study
Vertical Market: Education
Business Application: Direct Marketing/Lead Generation
Provost Academy is a network of state-of-the-art online public high schools serving grades 9 through 12 that uniquely address student needs on an individual basis. They are the only online high school backed by Edison Learning, one of the most experienced teams of educational innovators in the industry.
Prior direct marketing efforts were unsuccessful and could not be tracked to new enrollments. More recent direct marketing efforts aimed at increasing response rates included an iPad sweepstakes using Facebook as a platform and a text-for-more-information feature. Both elements were technologically relevant to a student audience, but the mail piece that contained the elements was addressed only to the student’s parent. There was a clear disconnect between the creative, offer and audience. The challenge was to align the message for both audiences, and address students and parents individually.
The goal was to increase new student enrollments by increasing the number of opportunities a parent and/or student had to respond. Specifically, the campaign needed to:
- Address dual audiences (students and parents) successfully
- Capture data about the high school students and/or parents who responded to make future communications more relevant
- Define similarities between students and/or parents who showed interest in Provost Academy for more effective marketing
- Be 100 percent trackable for clear ROI
- Incorporate a referral program to generate new leads
Working with Barnett Murphy Direct Marketing (BMDM), a cross-media campaign was developed that addressed students and parents relevantly. The campaign was the most successful direct marketing effort in Provost Academy’s history.
- 1.15 percent response rate—visited campaign site and requested more information
Method of response:
- 60 percent Personalized URL
- 37 percent QR Code
- 3 percent Both
- 20 percent conversion—students enrolled in Provost Academy
- More than 700 percent ROI
- Data was captured about why respondents were interested in Provost Academy, which was used to tailor future marketing
Prior to building the campaign, BMDM explored the possible concerns students and their parents might have regarding online high school. Social activities, quality of education and access to teachers and guidance counselors were among those concerns.