Presstek Heads to GRAPH EXPO with Broad Portfolio
HUDSON, NH—July 12, 2011—Presstek Inc. (NASDAQ: PRST), a leading supplier of digital offset printing solutions to the printing and communications industries, today announced that its portfolio of DI digital offset presses, CTP systems and plates, press room supplies and service offerings will be represented at GRAPH EXPO 2011, scheduled for Sept. 11-14, 2011, at McCormick Place in Chicago. Presstek will be located in Booth 3200 at the front of the South Hall. The booth will feature a five-color Presstek 75DI digital offset press which goes from digital file to sellable sheet in only six minutes.
“Building off of last year’s successful launch of the Presstek 75DI,” said Joe Demharter, Presstek’s Vice President of Sales, “we are seeing growing momentum in the marketplace for this breakthrough product. We are especially pleased that organizations of the quality of Quad/Graphics and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee have chosen to add this efficient, high quality press to their production portfolio. These orders validate our strategic initiative to serve larger commercial and in-plant printers. If you haven’t looked at Presstek lately, I encourage you to stop by Booth 3200 at GRAPH EXPO. Presstek has the broadest array of digital offset solutions in the marketplace, feet-on-the-street service, and a culture that values every account, regardless of size.”
In addition to the 75DI, Presstek will be displaying its wide range of digital offset solutions designed to improve productivity, reduce costs and environment impact, and improve competitiveness for printing businesses of all sizes. These include:
• Presstek 52DI-AC and Presstek 34DI digital offset presses. These unique digital offset presses, together with the Presstek 75DI, offer printers the most profitable solution for meeting the demand for quick turnaround, high quality color printing in runs from 500 to 20,000. These presses are also being widely adopted by digital-only and mailing and fulfillment companies who wish to add offset quality print to their portfolio of offerings without the complexities of convention four-color offset.
For the highest quality personalized printing at the lowest cost, print the shells with the Presstek DI and then overprint using a toner-based or inkjet device. Capabilities are further expanded with the DI’s ability to print on a wide range of substrates from onion skin to heavy card stock; including plastics and magnetic media. Superior quality printing is produced at up to 300 lpi and FM screening—without incurring additional time or expense. The Presstek 52DI-AC supports both flood and spot aqueous coating. In-line aqueous coating is also available for the 75DI.
• Presstek Dimension Pro. The Dimension Pro an excellent entry-level to mid-range CTP solution. It produces plates up to 45.0 x 33.0 inches at 450 lpi. Production speeds on the Dimension Pro range from 15 to 50 plates per hour. Four- and eight-page configurations are available. Fully automated four and eight-page models of Presstek’s Compass Series are available for shops requiring greater throughput and flexibility.
• Vector FL52. This 52 cm metal platemaker features a compact footprint with an integrated plate washer and uses Presstek’s chemistry-free Freedom Pro plates. The Vector offers the small format (52cm and under) printer a metal platemaking solution that provides higher productivity, a cleaner operation, and a lower overall operating cost.
• DPM Pro 400. The Presstek DPM Pro 400 is an easy-to-use, fully automated, high resolution polyester plate CTP system with an integrated plate processor. It supports plate widths up to 16.31" and is faster, more economical to use, more environmentally-friendly, and more compact than comparable choices.
• Aeon Thermal CTP Plate. Aeon is a positive working high resolution non-preheat thermal CTP plate that offers run lengths to 200,000 without baking; an optional post-bake will enable runs of up to one million. Aeon is a versatile product that operates in 830 nm external drum platesetters.
• Aurora Chemistry-Free CTP Plates. Aurora is a true chemistry-free daylight-safe metal plate that can be imaged on a range of thermal platesetters. Aurora is rated up to 50,000 impressions and can be imaged at a resolution of 1% to 99% at 200 lpi. Its chemistry-free process only requires a simple water wash after imaging, there is no need for chemistry. It has a strong resistance to UV inks and solvents and can be used in both UV and conventional printing without any sacrifice in productivity and quality.
• Expert Service. In today’s highly competitive market having a reliable service partner that provides rapid response and maximum uptime is essential. Presstek’s highly experienced field engineering team, our second-level technical support experts, and our customer care group, are dedicated to delivering service, parts, remote support and supplies—what you need, whenever you need it to ensure optimum performance and a high-level of satisfaction.
• Supplies. Presstek stocks a wide range of printing supplies, plates, prepress materials, proofing products, parts, and small equipment, all ready to ship when you need it to. Purchasing is fast and easy. Order and manage your supply needs at shop.presstek.com, or call 1-800-422-3616 in the USA and 1-800-387-3143 in Canada
“Our open platform CTP and plate strategy is also paying big dividends as our product portfolio matures,” said Kathleen McHugh, Vice President of Marketing. “Our long-run Aeon plate is gaining good traction in the marketplace and we expect that to continue. In addition, many printers have turned to Presstek’s chemistry-free Aurora plate as a more environmentally friendly alternative to conventional chemistry-based plates. These plates provide an ideal digital plate alternative for printing companies of all sizes.”
Presstek, Inc. is a leading supplier of digital offset printing solutions to the printing and communications industries. Presstek’s DI® digital offset solutions bridge the gap between toner and conventional offset printing, enabling printers to cost effectively meet increasing customer demand for high quality, short run color printing with a fast turnaround time while providing improved profit margins. The company’s CTP portfolio ranges from two-page to eight-page systems, many of which are fully automated. These systems support Presstek’s line of chemistry-free plates as well as Aeon, a no preheat thermal plate which offers run lengths up to one million impressions. Presstek also offers a range of workflow solutions, pressroom supplies, and reliable service. Presstek is well positioned to support print environments of any size on a worldwide basis. For more information, visit www.presstek.com, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 20 8745 8000 (Europe) or +1 603 595 7000 (North America).
DI is a registered trademark of Presstek, Inc.